FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Getting married tomorrow

Author Topic: Getting married tomorrow
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Just wanted to post that I'm getting married in about 27.5 hours from now. Not that I'm counting.

It's an outdoors wedding and there's a slight chance of rain & thunderstorms. We've got no backup venue in play, but I think we'll be ok.

It's been a horrifically stressful couple of months, with the worst of it being in the last few days, but it's pretty much all sorted now.

Ironically, despite being a graduate of the Conservatorium of Music, I totally neglected to organise music for my own wedding ceremony. Found someone at the last minute tho.

Wish Jus and I luck!

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck. (It's not to late to run)

j\k

My father was my best man, and he said the same thing to me about 15 min before the wedding started. We laughed so hard I almost cried. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations and best of luck to you both! I see sunshine and beautiful music in your immediate future. Make sure you post pictures! [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, dude.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Our ring ceremony/reception got rained out, and we got to pack 85 people into a tiny living room, but it ended up okay. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel Tov to Washer and Washerette!

You be good to each other, hear?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's to a beautiful day for you, Troubs! *toasts*
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait to hear how it went. Ever since I got engaged, I am fascinated (obsessed) with everything wedding.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I hope you have good weather.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
House of stone! (Romanian idiom for these occasions) [Big Grin]

A.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats [Smile]
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 1549

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw         Edit/Delete Post 
congrats. Its worth doing. Hard, but worth doing.
Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a wonderful day!

About a year ago, we had a thread discussion how wonderful it is to be married. It really is. [Smile] (As Redskullvw says, hard, too--don't want to mislead you!) So congratulations!

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! We will have to do a drought dance for you (something my old store manager and I used to joke about when it looked like rain).
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
No drought dances.

Congratulations Troubadour! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

I hope the weather is working out for you!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else feel a little disappointed that Troubadour didn't take some time on the wedding day (or the day after!) to keep us posted on Hatrack?

Where are your priorities!?!

Congratulations! [Hat]

btw, what music did you select? We cheezed out and went with Pachelbel's Canon.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering that myself . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
3hours and counting
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubadour:

Ironically, despite being a graduate of the Conservatorium of Music, I totally neglected to organise music for my own wedding ceremony. Found someone at the last minute tho.

Wish Jus and I luck!

A couple of my music professors had Pachelbell's "Canon in D" played at their wedding ceremony, (god knows why) and apparently on one of the F#m chords, a violinist played a very loud E. Wouldn't be so bad, except the entire wedding party was made up of professional musicians.

A friend of mine from the music department (my current roomate) is getting married in 6 months, and I am looking forward to his music selections- as he is a would-be grad student in comp. [Big Grin]

Mazel Tov

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna 9
Member # 11326

- posted      Profile for Luna 9           Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen pics of Daddy(steven) and Mama getting married. I've seen the video too. Married 1997. [Kiss]
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I wish you both every happiness.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.