FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » homemade chocolate

Author Topic: homemade chocolate
Luna 9
Member # 11326

- posted      Profile for Luna 9           Edit/Delete Post 
Steven and I made some healthy chocolate out of honey,coconut oil,and cocoa powder.It's very easy to make and tastes great.All you have to do is put them in a blender together,pour it out in a pan,then put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.Take it out and eat! [Big Grin]
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
ooooh, that looks quite good indeed.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
How much of each ingredient did you use? I may like to try that.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna 9
Member # 11326

3/4 of a cup of honey,1.5 cups of coconut oil,and 3/4 of a cup of cocoa powder. These are just approx.,though. [The Wave]
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
Where in the world do you find coconut oil?

My grocery store has vegetable oil, corn oil, canola oil, motor oil, olive oil, and several choices of mixtures of these different oils, but no coconut oil.

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna 9
Member # 11326

This is steven, posting under Luna's name--

I get mine at the local Whole Foods, Earthfares, non-franchise health food stores, or from various internet sites. Barlean's is good, Nutiva is also good, but there's a new brand every week, it seems like, and the overall quality of what you might find at the local health food store goes up every year, IME. Some brands definitely are still not good, though. You can order it online pretty easily though.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
If you're using coconut oil, make sure you get the organic (white, creamy) kind, not the processed (yellow, solid) kind. While the latter is extraordinarily tasty, it's so many different kinds of bad for you.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.