Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Juno

Author Topic: Juno
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
In one word: Perfect. Exactly what I wanted it to be, and better than I ever imagined. Every aspect was pitch-perfect, from the soundtrack to the acting to the pacing and plotting, and it even caused an hour-long argument with a friend on the car-ride home about what makes a good parent.

Go. See. This. Movie.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
I thoroughly enjoyed it as well, but it was far from perfect.

Not that it should have been, of course. First time screenwriter, right? With that in mind, it certainly deserves most if not all the praise it's gotten.

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't say it was perfect, but it was certainly one of the better movies I've seen. And I'm very impressed by the writer. I know some people had a little bit of trouble with Juno's dialogue, saying that no teenage girl talks like that. But other than that, I thought it was very well done and I liked the dialogue. I totally suggest that everyone see this movie.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent movie. Worth all the praise, and certainly the most intelligent and enjoyable movie of the past six months for me. I hope it wins the Oscar, actually. That would be awesome.

The screenwriter is now a monthly columnist for Entertainment Weekly, and she's fantastic.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Perfect. Exactly what I wanted it to be, and better than I ever imagined.
[Smile] just sayin'.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.