FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cool episode from my favorite animated series

Author Topic: Cool episode from my favorite animated series
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a big fan of Disney's mid 90s cartoon series "Gargoyles." It was aimed at young boys I guess, but they made the show sophisticated enough for adults as well. I can't imagine youngsters keeping up with its various comic book style plotting and serial nature.

What with the writers strike, what else have you got to watch? [Big Grin]

"A word, sir. It is imperative that you do not leave either Fox or your child alone with Anastasia."

setup:

Our heroes got divided up about twenty episodes back with Goliath (leader of the Gargoyles), Eliza (human friend of the Gargoyles) and Bronx (dog like Gargoyle creature) all going on a journey through "Avalon." They were taken to all over the world to places where they were needed. Along the way Goliath found his daughter (Angela).

The remaining gargoyles stayed in New York.

In this two parter episode, the force of Avalon finally releases Goliath & co from their journey and returns them to New York, only for them to find out they were sent back for a reason.

Oberon his holding a "Gathering" of all his children, and he comes to New York to find several people on the guest list.

Action ensues, secret identities are revealed and we are compelled to root for the villains Xanatos and his wife Fox.

Episode 44, "The Gathering"

part 1

part2

part 3

Episode 45, "The Gathering, part II."

part 1

part 2

part 3

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I used to <3 Gargoyles. In fact, I still watch them occasionally online. I almost bought the DVD sets...
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to watch the show all the time. I watched it on TV a few weeks ago and at the end Goliath screamed "Jalapeņo!"
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
I used to watch the show all the time. I watched it on TV a few weeks ago and at the end Goliath screamed "Jalapeņo!"

I think it's "Jalapena!" and I believe it's the episode where a certain accidental victim of the Gargoyles adventures finally gets his "revenge"?
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it was right after he ate what looked like a Jalapeņo so...
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
That really was a great show! I used to stay up late and catch it on ToonDisney.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
I used to <3 Gargoyles. In fact, I still watch them occasionally online. I almost bought the DVD sets...

They released the first season and only a half of the massive second season on DVD. It doesn't look like Disney will be releasing the rest as the first half of the second season didn't sell very well.

I think it's a show that's worth seeing from beginning to end because of its continuous, evolving story. Yes, "The Gathering" two parter gives away some secrets but there is so much more. For instance the "City of Stone" 4-parter that reveals Demona's lies and her connection to MacBeth, and how this same string of episodes leads to the trilogy that effectively concludes the second season (and the series, for the fans anyway.)

Oh boy do I love this show.

the_Somalian
Member # 6688

quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
Well, it was right after he ate what looked like a Jalapeņo so...

You may be right. =)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.