FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Navy Tests Rail Gun/ KQ pregnancy thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Navy Tests Rail Gun/ KQ pregnancy thread
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Orinoco, man, I love you. [Smile] *giggle*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
I might try that. But subtlety is far beyond my pregnant brain's reach right now. And by the time I recover, I'll probably forget to ask...

Forgive me for my ignorance... but I feel like you've been pregnant since 2005... I must have missed an interum between two little ones?
[ROFL]

I was pregnant in '05. (Actually twice-- miscarriage April '05, pregnant again July '05.) Had a baby in '06. Pregnant again in '07 (actually twice-- miscarried January '07; pregnant again July '07.) Will have the baby in '08. And to be fair, I've actually been pregnant since 2003-- when I got pregnant with my eldest. The Ketchup Princesses are Emma, born April '04, Bridey (Bridget), born April '06, and Maggie, to be born April '08. So far. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry [Frown]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've actually been pregnant since 2003-
Your kidding. thats a statement, not a question.

You really need to spend more time on Hatrack between pregnancies. It will help limit them.

And how did a thread about the Navies new Rail Gun end up being a conversation about your ongoing state of delivery preparedness? What are they shooting out of that gun, and where are they aiming it?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
[QUOTE] What are they shooting out of that gun, and where are they aiming it?

[Laugh] Dan
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Jeff is going to be so puzzled when I ask when we're going to test out the rail gun.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bridey (Bridget), born April '06
I misread this at first and thought Bridget and I shared a statistic.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And how did a thread about the Navies new Rail Gun end up being a conversation about your ongoing state of delivery preparedness?
There. Are you happy?
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

This thread is making me laugh so hard. And that's not very comfortable when you have a mouth full of Pizza Hut cinnamon sticks.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I get it. The Rail Gun is listed as an Experimental Munitions Delivery System. That's a typo. It should be an "Experimental Baby Delivery System."

Talk about Induced Labor.

They feed some "safe" trace amounts of heavy metals to the mother. These end up collecting in the kidneys and other important spots. These become super-conductive elements. Then the mother stabs some scientifically adjusted light sockets with a very specific metal allow screw driver.

This creates a nature Motherly Rail Gun Delivery System.

Delivery ensues shortly.

The average speed of the child leaving the mother has been clocked at just under the speed of sound.

The average speed of the child leaving the hospital, through the walls of the building, have been a small bit less than that.

The delivery experiments have been moved to the hospital parking lot to save on reconstruction costs.

The father has been given a new job. Along with telling the wife to "breath" and letting her verbally humiliate him, he now whispers in her ear, "Aim for the net. Aim for the net."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard of babies born running but this is just ridiculous, velocity wise.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"Mommy, did the stork bring me?"
"No, you were delivered via electromagnetic railgun with a muzzle energy of 10 megajoules. Luckily, daddy had a catcher's mitt."

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
There has to be a baby joke in there somewhere.

What's faster then a baby fired out of a rail gun?

A baby fired out of a mother fired out of a rail gun. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they shot turkeys out of those rail guns, to test fighter windshields. Only trick was, they had to remember to thaw the birds, first.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
At least the whole 4 year pregnancy thing wasn't just my imagination.

In my head Ketchup queen is like that wife from Family Guy who is just always talking about being pregnant but no-one addresses the lack of progress.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*giggles* I'm not sure whether to be insulted or flattered.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother had all of her four children in under 3 years. So I guess I don't remember her endless pregnancy, but I hear it was a strange time.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.