FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things to do in Frankfurt before you die...

Author Topic: Things to do in Frankfurt before you die...
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi ho.

The Boy Maven is off travelling again and this time finds himself in Frankfurt am Main (and inexplicably referring to himself in the 3rd person)...

Any ideas of things to do? I have an evening free.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
I was only there for a day but the Natural History Museum was incredible. My German friends were very disappointed I didn't get to the Goethe Museum. It is a very good natural history museum but I suppose it is not much different than any other. Goethe, on the other hand is only rivalled by Wagner in the German imagination. Funnily enough, I am listening to a great show on the Ring Cycle right now!
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Get on the train toward Fulda am Main; you can go have dinner with my family.

I'm actually not a Frankfurt person. It's such an industrial city. All the really great stuff is in the small cities nearby (Kassel, etc).

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also only there for a day, so didn't see much, but I liked the botanical gardens a lot.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, but here's some things to do in Denver when you're dead.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all your suggestions. I found a curious restaurant serving "typical" Frankfurt cuisine, which was well, curious. Suffice it to say I shall be loking elsewhere for food tonight... [Wink]

Despite my delusions to the contrary, it looks like my "free" day will be spent sitting in my hotel room with my laptop prepearing for a meeting this afternoon.

Still, maybe next time.

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Things to do in Frankfurt before you die:
Take a train to Cologne. Its only an hour on the ICE and you should definitely see the Cathedral in Cologne before you die.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

Oh Rabbit - would that I had read this post ere I set out to look for restaurants. I could have gone to see some friends in Köln.

It never occured to me that the ICE makes this feasible now.

Rats! (oh and thanks very much for the tip! [Smile] )

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.