FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Indiana Jones Trailer

Author Topic: Indiana Jones Trailer
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
linky

He looks so...old.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
OH, HECK YES!!!
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Giddy giddy giddy giddy giddy

*squeeeeeeals*

He uses his whip! I miss the whip...not nearly enough of it in the last film. Altho the last film was probably the best.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Lem speaks for me.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo-Hoo!

Yeah, he's getting older, but he can still crack that whip!

*can't wait*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! It looks wonderful!! *bouncebouncebounce*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'm now officially excited. That looked great.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Lem pretty much nailed down my thoughts as well.

Yeah he does look old, but hot damn, that looks awesome!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Man as soon as they showed the storage bunker that looks JUST like the one at the end of Raiders I was hooked.

Count me as officially excited until release day.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it! I am very very excited. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
WooHoo!!!
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
That was quite cool. [Cool]

By the way, the official site has also updated.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
Wow. I'm now officially excited.

That was exactly, word for word, what I was going to say. [Grumble]

But yay!

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
For a nominal royalty, I'll let you say it too.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

May 2008 is going to be the best month for movies -ever-.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Wow.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first thing Harrison Ford has been in in quite a while that I've actually wanted to see!

I know what we're doing for my birthday...

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
It's been almost two decades. And it doesn't look like Harrison Ford forget a thing about the character. Probably the most alive I've seen him in a movie in a long time.

I was worried. But I think that worry is gone. And in its place is excitement. Because the trailer is everything I could hope for, from a teaser trailer, and more.

I'm officially really excited.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Philosofickle
Member # 10993

- posted      Profile for Philosofickle           Edit/Delete Post 
"Part time." [ROFL]

The scene where you see his shadow against the car is absolutely amazing.

Posts: 208 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Well that's going to rock. I like that he's revisiting Central/South America.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
It's been almost two decades. And it doesn't look like Harrison Ford forget a thing about the character. Probably the most alive I've seen him in a movie in a long time.

I was worried. But I think that worry is gone. And in its place is excitement. Because the trailer is everything I could hope for, from a teaser trailer, and more.

I'm officially really excited.

I think a big part of that is that Harrison actively pushed for this movie when by all accounts it looked like it wasn't happening. Spielberg has the busiest schedule ever, Lucas kept nixing scripts, and people were saying Ford was too old to pull it off.

Then, the AFI gave Lucas the lifetime achievement award, and Ford at the ceremony, during his speech about Lucas, threw in a relatively lengthy plea to both Spielberg and Lucas that they do this now or never. You could tell he REALLY REALLY wanted to do this movie.

I think this movie is going to be riotous fun. [Big Grin]

Also, count me as incredibly relieved that I overcame the desire to buy the Indy DVD box set on at least three separate occasions.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the trailer looked like this could be fun. Hopefully it will be far better than the second one that I count as a mistake (even if it does have one or two good scenes).

However, I just don't know if I can get over this takes place in the 50s with the Russians. What made the other two I liked so good is that the Nazi's really would be his natural enemies. They were into the kinds of things he hunted for; mystical and esoteric artifacts. The Russians would deny anything existed of worth other than themselves. They could care less about hunting for treasures unless it had a lot of monetary value.

Then there was the whole Roswell NM snippet. Harrison Ford and aliens? hmmm . . . not likely. The movie looks fun, but I am worried about the "authenticity" of having Indiana Jones so out of his element.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Harrison Ford and aliens? hmmm . . . not likely.
The last thing Harrison Ford needs to help his career is some large, hairy, naked, alien with a crossbow that seems to speak through grunts.
[Razz]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Also, count me as incredibly relieved that I overcame the desire to buy the Indy DVD box set on at least three separate occasions.

Yeah, I didn't resist that impulse. So...I might be donating it to my brother or something if they release a super box set.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
quote:

Yeah, I didn't resist that impulse. So...I might be donating it to my brother or something if they release a super box set.
If? [Confused]
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Occasional: The lead villain is Russian by nationality, but I'm not too sure she'll be a true communist.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
quote:
quote:

If? [Confused]
When they release a super box set (containing all four films), I'll have to give the other one away. Better?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If? [Confused]
When they release a super box set (containing all four films), I'll have to give the other one away. Better?
Knowing Lucas, I just assumed the release of a new box set was as likely as a bear crapping in the woods. [Smile]
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, he'll release three box sets, each ten years apart from the prior one.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.