FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy VD! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Happy VD!
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Eep, a bit late but happy VD to one and all.

Telp has wood, Blayne is a Korean commando. I leave you guys alone for five minutes and look what I miss.

Phooey. [Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, you can still get in on it. *hands anti_maven a condom* On the house.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
This has nothing to do with anything...
LOL
but I just heard this awesome line!

"In a world of pretty, ugly cuts to the bone!"

LOL!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmmm... No lovin' for me, but I did have a great time! ahh... I love drinks.
Blayne, you're cute enough for me.... shame you don't swing my way! [Smile]

We'll have fun with the new season of BSG though.
Long live the Lords of Kobol.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks thoughtfully at condom* Thinks: "Mmm, over the head? Up the nose? Filled with water to be thrown out of the window?"

The possibilities are endless!

Thanks KQ, you're a sweety.

quote:
"In a world of pretty, ugly cuts to the bone!"
Ouch. That has all the makings of a splendid reposte. A shiny penny to the one who gets to use it.
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baduffer
Member # 10469

- posted      Profile for baduffer   Email baduffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, if only I were younger. (wistfully sighs)
Posts: 87 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I'm still waiting for a good pick-up line from some of our single straight guys. If it's good enough you even get a gold star. [Razz]
Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

quote:
Originally posted by Ivygirl1937:
I dunno, I'm still waiting for a good pick-up line from some of our single straight guys. If it's good enough you even get a gold star. [Razz]

Sorry, can't help you even if I were single. My wife had to hit me over the head with a club and drag me to her cave...
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by anti_maven:
Eep, a bit late but happy VD to one and all.

Telp has wood, Blayne is a Korean commando. I leave you guys alone for five minutes and look what I miss.

Phooey. [Wink]

Korean commando...?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Yes Blayne, a Korean commando. Get with the program. [Wink]
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
is that some sort of slang or...?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ivygirl1937:

Sorry, can't help you even if I were single. My wife had to hit me over the head with a club and drag me to her cave...

I don't know, I'm about ready to start trying that. It seems to be more effective. There seems to be a shortage of clubs and caves in my area, though. [Razz]
Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

Oh, and Blayne, they're referring to your jacket. Having the jacket automatically makes you a commando.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of a guy doing commando in his attire.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It took more than a pick up line for me to lose my Gold Star.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

Eh well, I have plenty to spare...and I really have no fear of having to give one away at this point. [Razz]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and Blayne, they're referring to your jacket. Having the jacket automatically makes you a commando.

And depending on what's on underneath the jacket, you could also be going commando.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Eh well, I have plenty to spare...and I really have no fear of having to give one away at this point. [Razz]

You only get one Gold Star...

From Urban Dictionary:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gold+star (warning language)

quote:

2. gold star 53 up, 10 down

A lesbian who only has had sexual intercourse with ladies.
Few gold starīs out there, so if you see one, grab her and run!.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I've never heard of a guy doing commando in his attire.

Well, of course you've never heard of it. That's what the "don't ask, don't tell" policy is all about.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

[Eek!] That's not the gold stars I'm talking about.
The gold star stickers you get in kindergarten. [Big Grin] They are the greatest.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Mmmm... stars...
anti_maven
Member # 9789

Oh lordy.

Pixiest, you've made me blush [Wink]

If I you got a gold star in my primary school, you were called out during assembly on Fridays and applauded. My headmaster had the fond hope that one day the whole school would be so honoured. Sadly for him we were a slack-bladdered bunch of reprobates and ne'er-do-wells. It's a tough break. [Wink]

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
"Gold star"... Hmm... Amazing what you learn around here.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

True that! I sometimes learn more than I ever wanted to.

Actually, my primary school was lame and we didn't get gold stars or anything if we did a good job. We were lucky if the teachers put a smiley face on the papers. Oh, how horrible and tragically difficult it was. [Wink]

adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
I think my stars were mostly silver.... or red or green. I rarely got actual gold stars. I wonder if they (my teachers) just bought combo packs, or whether they were trying to tell me something about my fidgety behavior.....
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Most of my teachers either had "award stickers"-- little tiny stickers that either had hearts, smileys, and other simple designs, or "good work" and similar legends printed on them-- or a smiley-face stamp.
anti_maven
Member # 9789

The aforementioned gold stars were earned by having 3 ordinary stars. With three stars you could go to the Headmasters office and claim your gold star.

Things were simple then. I wonder if I couldimplement the same process at work - I suspect gold stars would be few and far between...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.