FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I lost nerd points today. :(

Author Topic: I lost nerd points today. :(
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
So me and my two other friends were looking a site where there were pictures with people with wierd computer setups and the like, when we got to a picture of a girl playing WoW on a 48" plasma screen monitor.

They were like "omg, omg omg look at it!" Andwere up in arms and everything.

I said "The girl is so hot!"

They just about feinted from shock.

My friend once he recovered "Your right to be a nerd has been revoked."

[Frown]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, I still think you're a nerd. [Smile]

From nerd to nerd, I would have looked at the girl first.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
The term "nerd" has certain connotations that I don't think of as applying to you Blayne. Perhaps "dork" is more appropriate.

The specific points you lost today were probably "geek" points.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Nerds are still FULLY aware of the fact that girls > computers. It's just that they spend so much more time around computers than girls. Though they fantasize about being with girls, they expect a greater return on their investment when it comes to computers.

Losing your nerd license because you lost your bachelorhood, along with your virginity while sounding bad on paper is actually completely awesome.

Nerds always respect the fact that their married friends have access to a woman's affections at all times. In fact some sort of reference to one's wife or sex life always trumps in a battle between males when both are assessing the size of their epeen.

[ February 15, 2008, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
A straight Nerd Guy's interest in women is inversely proportional to how well he is doing in any given nerd situation.

In the last stages of building a trebuchet? Girls are a distraction.

In the last stages of stitching a quilt? Girls are teh awesome.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The term "nerd" has certain connotations that I don't think of as applying to you Blayne. Perhaps "dork" is more appropriate.

The specific points you lost today were probably "geek" points.

Very true. I'm reminded of why Milhouse isn't a nerd either.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps you thought the girl was hot simply because she was playing WoW on a 48" plasma?

You'll need to do a controlled experiment. Replace the first girl with a female you would find to be unattractive out of context. Have her play WoW with a 48" plasma screen and see if your attraction to her has changed.

Empirical measurements might be obtained through galvanic skin response, heart rate, body temperature, etc...

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
Bando, you just won more nerd points. Congratulations. [Razz]
Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
<shrug> I thought Blayne was merely pointing out that due to the likelihood of the girl being in a closed area with multiple sources of heat generating equipment, she likely had an increased body temperature, probably above the average standard temperature for human comfort. If this were the case, Blayne, then yes, you are justified in lamenting the unfair reduction of your nerd points.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivygirl1937:
Bando, you just won more nerd points. Congratulations. [Razz]

[Big Grin] I know. [Wink]
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I think camus has also won some nerd points. [Smile]
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww... nerds...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.