FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Coraline: Teaser

Author Topic: Coraline: Teaser
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The pristine, detail-rich version Neil Gaiman just put up on his site!

[ February 22, 2008, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
That's going to be so creepy....
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Love how they use the delicate but threatening bare metal rods of a stop-motion puppet's inner frame to represent the Other Mother's hands. [Cool]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Wah... I want a trailer.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... did you see the trailer that comes AFTER Coraline? It's Indiana Jones 4! Yahoo!

But this looks really creepy. I love Neil Gaiman, but I'm really not sure I can watch that. Plus, his stuff is really dark.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Coraline was the hottest book in Alyssa's sixth grade class. I read it to my fifth graders and they absoultely loved and were horrified by it.
The thing is, he can creep you out withut being gory at all. It's just...wicked.

I think I could watch the movie, because in a way, I read the movie. His writing left such strong images in my head.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
try this one

http://www.movieweb.com/video/V07L5bnwBDJKQU

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Gah! They removed it.

Edit: Ah, found it elsewhere.

[ February 21, 2008, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. Thanks Puffy Treat.

The music is perfect.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... we are on a Gaiman kick, aren't we? [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Changed the link again, this time the official, high quality-posting done on Neil Gaiman's blog.

Much better picture and sound quality. This film will look fantastic!

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
If they do part live action and part 3 d, that will be pretty durn cool

well, if they don't it still will be cool.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The entire film is 3-D. The characters are a mixture of intricate stop-motion puppets and cutting-edge CGI FX techniques.

It is so cool that French & Saunders are voicing the old ladies. And that Keith David will be the cat. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.