FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Of Duchovny and Anderson...

Author Topic: Of Duchovny and Anderson...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
That bootleg "X-Files 2" trailer...

Watching this didn't take me back 15 years to when I totally loved that show, but it was kind of neat to hear the crowd going ape whenever the stars were onscreen. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved "The X-files"-- but I pretend the last season (well, a few seasons) didn't happen.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
I loved "The X-files"-- but I pretend the last season (well, a few seasons) didn't happen.

Me too.
Mulder and Scully
Not Scully and Liquid Metal Dood

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The Doggett episodes never happened. Do you hear me? NEVER! [Wall Bash]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
The Doggett episodes never happened. Do you hear me? NEVER! [Wall Bash]

I feeel that way about Terminator 3.
I saw one of those episodes that don't exist and it was TERRIBLE!
But then I saw some time afterwards one of the classic episodes. It was so cool and good, it would have made a great story in itself, the one about the guy photographing death but unable to die.
Awesome!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard Gillian Anderson's voice in years. I have extremely fond memories of that show [Smile]
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that didn't last long...
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I get the feeling one of the tentpole March releases will have it attached, so it should be back online in a couple of weeks.
cassv746
Member # 11173

- posted      Profile for cassv746   Email cassv746         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the X-files. I was too young to watch when they were on regular tv but a few years ago I was able to watch all the seasons from beginning to end. Maybe it was just Mulder that I liked. [Razz]

But seriously, can't wait for the movie. Even if it is a bomb since it's not supposed to be about all the aliens.

Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Actually, I'm relieved it won't be touching the alien stuff. My favorite episodes tended to be the non-alien ones, though the creepy, mysterious early alien ones were okay. By the point EVERYTHING was tying into the alien conspiracy, my affection for the show took a dive.
cassv746
Member # 11173

When I hear X-Files I just think aliens. I know they weren't all about that though. It just seems to be what they're known for in my opinion. So, I guess, I hope people give the movie a chance. The more I think about it I realize that my favorite episodes were the ones not about aliens. I remember one about fire that I thought was pretty cool.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd never seen any of the X-Files until the other day when they started from the beginning on the Sci-Fi channel.

I thought it was kinda neat, but, Duchovny's acting turned me off, and after two episodes I won't be going back to it on my own, unless I'm up late and need to sleep, in which case I'll put him on the screen to send me off to dreamland.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I actually liked Scully/Gillian Anderson a lot more than I liked Duchovny/Mulder.

It used to bother me that they only let her conclusions be correct very seldom in the earlier episodes.

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I still think the neatest/creepiest one was the ancient bugs that the old-growth loggers released cutting down trees. Unless you were in the light at night, they cocooned you. The only way to destroy them was by burning the old growth forests.

That episode ended, and the news immediately flashed to new forest fires in Wenatchee (old growth) forests. I slept with the lights on for the next few nights.

Talk about serendipity.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That was a cool episode.
I'm looking forward to the movie, too.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Are you thinking your children are old enough to see it, romany? Nathan has been asking and I'm undecided. He's such a gentle soul . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan: that is the one episode my mom CANNOT watch. She thinks it's the creepiest thing ever on tv, and if I was watching that one she would leave the room.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

I watched that episode when I was around 15 and my little brother was only 7 or 8. My mom let him watch it after she had seen it first. I think it depends on the child and how easily they're scared by that kind of thing.
Shan
Member # 4550

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Shan: that is the one episode my mom CANNOT watch. She thinks it's the creepiest thing ever on tv, and if I was watching that one she would leave the room.

Ooohh -- if it had been snakes, my mom would have left the room.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

They had one with snakes. [Evil]

I don't know exactly what is so creepy about that ep to my mom. She doesn't, either. I find it creepy but still enjoy watching it now and then. She had nightmares for two weeks after watching it.

Shan
Member # 4550

Just keep the nightlight on and stay within its golden glow and all is well. [Evil]
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorites was the one that was filmed like an episode of COPS
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Squeeze was by far the creepiest. That guy still freaks me out.
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.