FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Countdown to 30,000 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Countdown to 30,000
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*breaks out popcorn*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*locks it back up*

Now, rivka, it needs to pay its debt to society.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume you're talking about Tom, right?
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Toad on a Stick:
I assume you're talking about Tom, right?

Yup.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I setup my folding chair next to you Rivka? [Smile]

Think Tom will crack the threshold tonight or tomorrow?

Or will he fear the 30,000 barrier so much that he will cease posting altogether?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
If he does, I know how to get him to post again.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Or will he fear the 30,000 barrier so much that he will cease posting altogether?

Pfft. Tom?
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
He will just bring out a new alt....

....David Tomlinson.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I've thought about getting to 29,999 and then vanishing without a word.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that getting to 30,000 bumps you up a level when you go to cash in your frequent poster points.

Like you know how it works when you are below 1000 posts, all you get is 10% off any OSC book when you purchase five from this website at full price, but once you get over 1000, it bumps up to 10% off when you buy three, then over 5000, it's buy one, get one half off, etc.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:

I double-dog dare you.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh noz! The infamous "double-dog dare".
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ladeez and Gennelmen, the heat is on...

PS Maybe the counter resets to 0 and you are reborn as a n00b. [Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
In my old forums, I modified the code so that, for me alone, it would say "Posts: NaN". [Smile]
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Blackheart
Member # 5610

- posted      Profile for Erik Blackheart           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Just wow.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:

I believe "thought about it." [Wink]
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
So is Tom the user with the highest post count? Rivka isn't far behind.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
You mean this forum has a post count?!?!?! Why didn't anyone tell me?!?!?

(post count +1)

ps. my tongue is buried firmly in my cheek with this post, in case the sarcasm didn't come across over the internet.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I'll bet dozens of other people have thought about you doing that too.

[Wink]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
So is Tom the user with the highest post count?

On a single username, yes. Total? Probably not.
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Total, on all Hatrackosphere forums?

Hmm...that's a close one.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I haven't been around as long as some. rivka, who do you think would take the title as biggest all around poster, with all usernames counted?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, no doubt. Someday I'll reveal who else I am.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Not sure. And not nearly motivated enough to figure it out. [Wink]

Among the contenders: ak and katharina. (And possibly Pat or Jon Boy. Although I think even with their high SN counts, probably not. Also, how would you count SNs they traded or passed along to someone else?)

pooka
Member # 5003

No, I'm pretty sure Tom has the most posts at the moment. When Katharina posted her 20k landmark, she was adding several screen names together to get that.

SNs that have been in common circulation shouldn't count, in my opinion, with the exception of the time katharina's login was in play.

Your post count is not so inconsiderable, rivka.

P.S. We haven't had a post count discussion that I was aware of in a several years. It used to be all the rage, when a lot of people were hitting 5 or 10 k.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
Your post count is not so inconsiderable, rivka.

Yeah. And Dags has totally been slacking lately.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

*snort*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I tried to maintain a pun exchange, which generally ups my rate significantly, but Threads had to go and talk about the actual topic of the thread. Sheesh.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at some or your post counts and join dates, my post count suddenly feels entirely inadequate. Maybe it's time for me to start spamming the last post threat again...
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Don't give them the satisfaction.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think anyone else (multiple SNs or no) is even close.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
Well, I tried to maintain a pun exchange, which generally ups my rate significantly, but Threads had to go and talk about the actual topic of the thread. Sheesh.

Sorry but your banter was running perpendicular to my conversation [Razz]
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Will it be cool to use the dancing smiley after he cracks 30,000? Or is it doomed to be forever lame?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
I don't think anyone else (multiple SNs or no) is even close.

CT, possibly. Also, pooka's got quite a cumulative number as well.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom's at 29,999. This is actually really exciting.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

quote:

CT, possibly. Also, pooka's got quite a cumulative number as well.

I do? I have what I have on this screename, which I think I'm done switching off from, and about 2000 as mothertree, a few hundred as my first landmark avoidance alt skrika03, and 666 as Trisha the Severe Hottie. Beyond that, I've never posted a meaningful amount with any other screen names.

Or do you just mean that I'm relatively close to 10,000 and unlike Tom I'll probably force myself to post a landmark?

P.S. Maybe when he rolls over, all our credit cards will be expired and our mortgage companies will send us interest rebates for -93 years.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
What is close?

quote:
When Katharina posted her 20k landmark, she was adding several screen names together to get that.

No. You're wrong. Try again.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I thought that was you. Sorry.
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you are at 29,999 posts. I think it would be funny if you just started posting in obscure topics and let the 30,000 landmark go by unawares.
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I want to start taking bets for how long Tom lets the counter sit at 29,999 before finally caving.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I hear that when you reach 100,000 posts, a mysterious disembodied voice whispers the actual release date for the Ender's Game movie into your ear!
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
I do? I have what I have on this screename, which I think I'm done switching off from, and about 2000 as mothertree, a few hundred as my first landmark avoidance alt skrika03, and 666 as Trisha the Severe Hottie. Beyond that, I've never posted a meaningful amount with any other screen names.

Ah, I thought you had more on the Trisha name. My bad. You still have about 10 times my number, though.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tom should use his 30,000th post to reply in my cell phone thread. That would be nice.

BTW, I am very glad that we are not counting down to Rivka's 30,000.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
He's at 29999! Is he gone forever now?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Maybe Tom should raffle off his 30K post.

Turn it into a charity event.

EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
It's in a deleted thread now. Gone forever.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT?!
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
was it in the thread that Sid Mier deleted?
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.