FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ender on Youtube

Author Topic: Ender on Youtube
Luv2ReadProductions
Member # 11502

- posted      Profile for Luv2ReadProductions           Edit/Delete Post 
My son and I made this for fun (we're both fans of the book). Luckily, it's really short, so if you hate it, you won't have wasted too much time on it. [Smile]

Ender's Game fan trailer

I consider this a teaser trailer for the book itself. Not a mock movie trailer. If I'm violating any copyrights with this, please let me know.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty good. [Smile]
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's not bad! Good work!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
That was really well done! I enjoyed it.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!!!
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
Great job!
Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luv2ReadProductions
Member # 11502

Thanks everyone! I'm actually quite relieved at the positive responses.

I can take criticism just fine, but it's my son's face representing this, not mine. So I was a little apprehensive about even sharing it on the net.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

- posted      Profile for cassv746   Email cassv746         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that was pretty cool myself.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
That is really cool. When it was done with, the only complaint I had is that there wasn't more. Great job!
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
*two thumbs up*
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I particularly liked the Battle Room scene. Did you do that on a slide, or something?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luv2ReadProductions
Member # 11502

Green screen. "Ender" is actually sitting still while the background zooms out.
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
That was actually pretty good. I was expecting complete garbage to be honest.
Good job.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]

Cute kid!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we found Ender. Great job.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but I didn't like it that much. It was "super-amateur" in its production. Would have been better with some original or more representative special effects. The narration wasn't too bad. Good job putting it together in the first place.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luv2ReadProductions
Member # 11502

quote:
Sorry, but I didn't like it that much. It was "super-amateur" in its production. Would have been better with some original or more representative special effects. The narration wasn't too bad. Good job putting it together in the first place.
super... original... special... good job...

Hey thanks man!

EDIT: In all seriousness, I am an amateur and you don't have to apologize for disliking it. Out of curiosity, what sort of original special effects were you looking for, and what do you mean by representative?

[ March 03, 2008, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Luv2ReadProductions ]

The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it.

Sure, there wasn't big flashy special effects, but I liked the structure and the pace.

The kid did a good job, and I think it would work if you had a movie industry pumping thousands of dollars into it to make it look sharper and prettier.

Good job.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have liked to see a glimps of some real dog fights in space. The space scenes you see are just stand alone ships that don't represent the war that is behind Ender's game.

Put it this way, in relation to another post recently, what is The Last Starfighter without a fight? What is Ender's Game without a game? The narration and the boy's angry expression didn't seem to go with the other clips. The little girl crying doesn't make sense if you haven't read the book. In other words, there needs to be more hints at context and story from a visual point of view.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve_G
Member # 10101

- posted      Profile for Steve_G   Email Steve_G         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, though the Space shuttle launch was out of place. Need something more futuristic there. that's the only thing I found wrong with it.
Posts: 197 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Occasional:
I would have liked to see a glimps of some real dog fights in space. The space scenes you see are just stand alone ships that don't represent the war that is behind Ender's game.

Put it this way, in relation to another post recently, what is The Last Starfighter without a fight? What is Ender's Game without a game? The narration and the boy's angry expression didn't seem to go with the other clips. The little girl crying doesn't make sense if you haven't read the book. In other words, there needs to be more hints at context and story from a visual point of view.

It's a teaser-trailer. Not a full blown trailer. Teaser-trailers are like that.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luv2ReadProductions
Member # 11502

What Lisa said.

As for full-blown dogfights... You'd laugh at that notion if you saw the production equipment I actually have.

All in all, this cost me roughly $30 - $40 to produce. If it was going to cost any more, it wouldn't exist.

Heck, the doorway to the battleroom is actually a closeup of an Altoid container. [Smile]

Steve_G
Member # 10101

- posted      Profile for Steve_G   Email Steve_G         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luv2ReadProductions:

Heck, the doorway to the battleroom is actually a closeup of an Altoid container. [Smile]

Your son must be very small. [Smile]
Posts: 197 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luv2ReadProductions
Member # 11502

[Smile]
How else could he fit into those GI Joe clothes?

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized that my mental image of the "game" has the kids in what are essentially Omega Race sit-down cabinets, complete with the Omega Race controls.

[Edited because my original post was incoherent]

[ March 03, 2008, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luv2ReadProductions:

That's really clever! [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
It's actually a Battle Room for ants!

The real Battle Room will have to be at least three times that size.

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. I liked it. Sure the special effects weren't fantabulous, but they were pretty good for only $30-40. I'm very impressed.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boothby171:

Boo!
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boothby171:

Merman!!!! [ROFL] [Big Grin] [ROFL]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
Great job! I liked it.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.