FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LIES!!!!

Author Topic: LIES!!!!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://xkcd.com/391/

One can ONLY WIN THE GAME if the Prime Minister of Great Britain says "I have lost the game" on national television.

Until then XKCD has only succeded in making everyone who views the comic lose the game.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
I have just greatly alarmed myself by actually knowing what you're talking about. [Eek!]
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont understand what winning the game is, but i did just spend 5 minutes looking through some of the comics.
They were funny, most of them at least, but i still feel lost.

Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

*Ahem*

The rules to the game are thus, you lose the game whenever you think about "the game" as soon as you think of it you lose the game and you have to say outloud "I have lost the game" hereby forcing everyone else in proximity to lose the game.

If they do not know the rules to the game then you must tell them the rules to the game, there is no way out of this, once you tell them the rules they are a part of the game.

One can ONLY WIN THE GAME if the Prime Minister of Great Britain says "I have lost the game" on national television.

Once you lost the game you are still in the game, there by losing the game each and every time you think about it.

dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I know! That so only counts as losing the game, and you just made me lose it again!
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
And from the time that the game is lost, you have thirty minutes to forget that you're playing before the game starts up again.
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

I lost, about 500 times in the past couple minutes.... darn.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
i wasnt aware of the 30 minute rule but i felt it wa simplied.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I got the cootie shot in 3rd grade, and I'm pretty sure it also inoculates me against the game.

Yep, still not playing. Whew! Vaccination for the win!

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

Here's one we can all relate to.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
I got the cootie shot in 3rd grade, and I'm pretty sure it also inoculates me against the game.

Yep, still not playing. Whew! Vaccination for the win!

No there is no vaccination, your part of the game and lost the game just as everyone else does, you may not admit it, you may not want to, but you are playing whether you look it or not, its like a diesease.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Xann, be sure to mouse over each strip; often the mouseover text is the best part.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon thanks, I never knew that. They're pretty hysterical.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
This is in response to his comic on graphing fruit quality in terms of taste and ease of use. I'm always amused by it...
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Sure!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

They left off Golden Delicious. That whole graph is useless to me.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaronCoop
Member # 11505

- posted      Profile for BaronCoop           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a second.... if the Prime Minister say that he lost the game and you hear it, doesn't that mean you lost the game? And yes, I registered simply so I could say that.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Nope. The rules of the game specificaly state that once HE/SHE says it, then everyone else wins, however he lost and the next time he loses and says it aloud spreads it once more.
Tara
Member # 10030

Besides, they're completely wrong about bananas.
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
which part of bananas?
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
its like a diesease.

Exactly my point. You're just jealous because you didn't get vaccinated.

Besides, nobody can make me play a game against my will - this isn't Russia for cripe's sake!

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

They make you play games in Russia?

I had no idea they were so totalitarianistically (yeah it's a word!) interested in fun.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
quote:
its like a diesease.

Exactly my point. You're just jealous because you didn't get vaccinated.

Besides, nobody can make me play a game against my will - this isn't Russia for cripe's sake!

Like I said, say what you will, do what you will, you are a part of the game whether you like it or not.
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Starsnuffer:
This is in response to his comic on graphing fruit quality in terms of taste and ease of use. I'm always amused by it...

That is awesome. Voted.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never once heard the rule about the prime minister. o_O
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
Well you just lost. And so Have I.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
quote:
Originally posted by Starsnuffer:

That is awesome. Voted.
Yeah, it's much better than the original numerical voting system. I love the draggable fruit. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
They left off Golden Delicious. That whole graph is useless to me.

I voted, but the unforgivable omission of raspberries made the whole thing taste of ashes.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

quote:
Like I said, say what you will, do what you will, you are a part of the game whether you like it or not.

Yeah, well you're part of a game only I know about, but the details are too horrible to report about on Hatrack.

You have my sympathies for the horrible consequences of your recent, really bad move. [Evil Laugh]

BaronCoop
Member # 11505

- posted      Profile for BaronCoop           Edit/Delete Post 
Figures I made a bad move. I knew I shouldn't have tried to grill out in the snow. Or was I supposed to take a left at Albuquerque?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

Damn, i have been on this site every couple hours, right when i wittled down my internet addiction to hatrack, and wikipedia.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Wikipedia is not an addiction.

Its the cure.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.