FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Audiosurf, and other casual Gaming

Author Topic: Audiosurf, and other casual Gaming
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
This is kinda sparked by the Xbox gaming thread.

I consider myself a fairly serious gamer, with more money put into systems and games than I care to add up. More recently, within the past year or so, I've gone from being a console centered gamer, to being a PC gamer, specifically, on Steam. Up until two days ago I played Team Fortress for several hours each day.

Then I downloaded a demo of Audiosurf. There's not much to say but 'WOW.' This game is amazing. It's a lot like amplitude was, for those of you who have played it, but with a few differences. I think the biggest thing about the game that I've enjoyed is that fact that it lets you 'surf' your own music on your computer. So here's my recommendation, download the trial, you get five songs, and I'm willing to bet by the end you'll be wanting more. (It's only a $10 game, and well worth that price)

tBut This got me thinking. What other 'casual games' am I missing out on? I can play Audiosurf at least as long as I play some of the more advanced FPS's or RPG's. Are there any out there that you all really enjoy?

I've got spring break coming up and I'm hoping I'll be begging for something to do. (It'll be a nice change of pace)

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
You could also just go back to TF2. Me and Krynn play at least a couple times a week. You should join in sometime.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
Audiosurf is awesome. Something to keep in mind though, is the fact that it's a puzzle game, and not a rhythm game. You can't expect things to line up perfectly with the music. And the goal certainly isn't to hit all of the notes, like in a game like Guitar Hero. It takes awhile to get used to, but once you do it's a ton of fun just to surf along, racking up huge combos.

Arguably the best part, though, is just how well the game creates the tracks to fit your music. My favorite part has been just going through my music collection and seeing how various songs work.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.