FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Quick movie question (Mayfly)

Author Topic: Quick movie question (Mayfly)
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I need the name of a movie - I've never seen it, but I have heard about it, so some of the following details might be wrong.

There's an injured semi-famous guy (I think a writer) who is injured (maybe in a car accident), and taken in by a stout woman. She nurses him back to health, but doesn't want him to leave. She's pretty crazy. At one point (this is the part I'm sure of) she ties him up, puts a block of wood between his legs, and swings a mallet against his feet to completely break his ankles.

Name?

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
misery
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Based off the novel by Steven King. Pretty darn creepy.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that what the Direct TV ads that are going on now are?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jhai:
...taken in by a stout woman... ...She's pretty crazy...

I'm sure Kathy Bates is wetting herself laughter with that description of her Oscar and Golden Globe winning performance [Big Grin]
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys! I've never seen the movie, just clips of it, so I wasn't sure how good my description would be.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.