FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Legend of Zelda ON ICE!

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda ON ICE!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the big screen actually. IGN revealed some new info about the Legend of Zelda movie. As well as some footage. And here's the trailer on YouTube.

It looks pretty cool. Especially considering and despite the fact that I'm pretty sure that it is an elaborate April Fool's Day joke. [Razz]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Cute. I especially liked the helicopter things.

I know this is fake because Link is right-handed.

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong: Link is right or left handed depending on what direction he's facing.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be cool if they really made a Legend of Zelda movie.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Link was left-handed until the Wii version of Twilight Princess.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd pay to see it! It makes a good tale, I can't believe it hasn't been picked up yet.
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

Well, there are the TV shows...
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
He was only right handed when he faced one direction. The other three he was a lefty.
I would refuse to watch any movie that showed him as a right-hander.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
In the original Legend of Zelda, link was right or left handed depending on which direction he faced... this was simply because of the way they rendered the sprites, though they retroactively invented a reason for this (he keeps his shield hand facing Death Mountain, if I remember correctly.)

In every subsequent Legend of Zelda, he has been a southpaw. Excepting, as Launchywiggin said, the Wii version of Twilight Princess. Which was a practical decision, because of the nature of the system.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this early this morning, I knew it was going to be a April fools day prank, but I never imagined the expense they went through to do it.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it'd make a great movie too.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't. Link is the opposite of a character. He's the prototypical empty vessel, a costume for the player.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
They could make Zelda into a very interesting movie I think. The only problem is they'd have to basically add a ton of depth to the characters and plot. Don't get me wrong, the Zelda series is dear to my heart, but if I had a gun to my head, I would admit that it's a pretty overused story with empty characters at this point. I'm just hoping they'll see that before the next console game; they keep coming close to the greatness of an RPG, and then falling short. Or maybe that's just me [Wink]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timoty
Member # 10389

- posted      Profile for Timoty   Email Timoty         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a character for Zelda, and Ganon, and whomever else you want (even the witch that seems to show up in every game)

Link on the other hand is 'young, male, lefthanded' - he's got as much character as Chrono. No speech, or anything. His facial expressions in later games give a bit of character, but he's still mostly however you imagine him.

Anyway - a movie with Link would be ruinous to our childhoods.

And the whole 'right-handed' link in the Wii was pointless. I play Wii left-handed (despite being right-handed myself, it's odd), and I didn't even notice until I was 3/4 through the game. It doesn't affect gameplay at all.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Expanding on my last post, LoZ has everything necessary to make a fantastic video game, and nothing requisite for even a mediocre movie. A movie could, theoretically, mimic the sense of accomplishment in obtaining the silver boomerang, or that of finally triumphing over a difficult puzzle, but it'd be difficult at best.

I think the main thing a movie could be successful at would be to bring Hyrule and its denizens to life in a new way. This is nothing that a new game couldn't do though, while still retaining all the great gameplay.

Ultimately, a LoZ movie would only aesthetically resemble the game series I fell in love with almost twenty years ago.

An FF cutscene-style fight between Ganon and Link with bombs, boomerangs, and a hookshot would be really cool to see though. [Smile]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

In other news, uh oh [Angst]
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
What, didn't you guys watch the Legend of Zelda cartoon when you were kids? Link spoke in that, and it certainly didn't "ruin" my childhood. [Razz]

Really though, while a LoZ movie would be tough to pull off, I doubt it could suck worse than the Super Mario Bros movie.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Could anything really suck worse than the Super Mario Bros movie?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:

yes.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the Super Mario Bros. movie But then again I was like 8 at the time.

oh, and YouTube has the old LoZ cartoons. They ... stink.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

Yup.
Timoty
Member # 10389

- posted      Profile for Timoty   Email Timoty         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... have you seen the LoZ cartoons recently?

Poor writing, worse animation. Nostalgic, but that's it.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

Like Attack of the Clones, but based off a video game. [Smile]
Broncey
Member # 11562

- posted      Profile for Broncey           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:

I didnt think so, until I saw that Legend of Zelda Fan trailer..
Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
This may very well be the cruelist April Fools joke ever....
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.