FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Artemis Fowl and Death Note

Author Topic: Artemis Fowl and Death Note
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I have only read the first two novels of Artemis Fowl I enjoyed them greatly and once I have money will order them, however there is a reason why I liked it and it is largely the same reason I liked the Anime Death Note.

The protaganist (antagonist? these series confuse me) is a brilliant youth (Artemis Fowl is 12 while Yogami Light was probably 18) who you can largely sympathize with while very cleverly get torn between hating them for being pricks or admiring them for their brilliance.

I know there's a movie in the works and I can't wait to see it but I would've liked an anime of the series done in English as we know hes Irish and nothing impresses me more then an Irish 12 year old amitious genius, Irish accents and especially evil genius irish accents are impressive.

Can't wait to get the books. Anyone know other books/animes involving brilliant youths? Perferably evil genius ones.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
I was at our local Walden Book Store with my kids the other day and saw that a graphic novel has been made for the first book. I skimmed through it while my kids where picking out books and it looked pretty good.

Artemis Fowl : The Graphic Novel

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally Light is a true anti-hero for me... as in I would like to see him die or caught by the government... he crossed a line when he killed that FBI agent and his wife. Long live L! [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
Long live L! [Smile]

Argh!!! Must... resist... inevitable... comment...
Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
LLL!

L is pretty awesome and would be nice if they made prequel detective animes about him.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sylvrdragon:
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
Long live L! [Smile]

Argh!!! Must... resist... inevitable... comment...
Not too much longer.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
LLL!

Totally read that as a shout-out to La Leche League. Tells you where my mind is at...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.