FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Revealed: Bambi's mother -didn't- die!

Author Topic: Revealed: Bambi's mother -didn't- die!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
In fact, she lived on for at least five decades!

Someone obviously had a lot of time on their hands. [Wink]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the last one might be stretching things a little, but the other ones look just like her, body language and all.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the other two "Disney's gettin' lazy" entries, and I've totally seen much more obvious examples of Disney reusing their stuff.

The big one that pops into my head is the scene in Robin Hood where they're all dancing to "The Phony King of England" as compared to the scene in Aristocats where they're all dancing to "Everybody Wants to be a Cat."

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The doe in the last one certainly mimics her movements, though it's hard to tell if it's the same character.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
hansenj, they reused scenes in the Jungle Book, for sure. At the beginning when Mowgli is bowled over by his wolf siblings, it is the same animation as when Wart is bowled over by Sir Ector's two dogs (Tiger and Tober?) in The Sword and the Stone. And later on, when Colonel Hathi cuts off the elephant trumpeter by squeezing his trunk, it is the same scene in Robin Hood during the chaos after the archery tournament.

I always wondered if other people noticed these things...

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, they even put Bambi himself in The Rescuers. I never noticed that.

I guess "Bambi Meets Godzilla" doesn't count because it's not a Disney production, right? [Smile]

[ April 10, 2008, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's amazing how many times they reused things. I mean, I always knew about it, but I was never shown physical proof. Wow.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
I guess "Banbi Meets Godzilla" doesn't count because it's not a Disney production, right? [Smile]

Bambi's mother was named "Banbi"? Weird.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

/facepalm

Edited 'cause I'm willing to bet there's an adult film with that name somewhere.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Reading the edit (and watching the short online), it doesn't count because the titular character seems intended to be Bambi himself, not his mother.
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bambi's mother -didn't- die!
Ha! The hunters were framed! I knew it!!!
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, Puffy, way to include a spoiler warning.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I invoke the statute of limitations on spoilers.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
I invoke the statute of limitations on spoilers.

Damn, spoiler warning that! Way to ruin The Passion for me!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

By the way, Nighthawk...not only is Clark Kent Superman, but Bruce Wayne is Batman!
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

GAAAAAH!!!

I'm leaving!

Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing beats the use of the exploding Bird of Prey in Generations, which reused the effect for the film that came directly before it, Star Trek VI.

Also the interior shots of Klingons being blown up or sucked out into the vacuum were reused extensively in Deep Space Nine.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.