FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which would you do?

Author Topic: Which would you do?
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
So my wife and I are taking our first trip together without the kids. When we got married, I started a new job and we didn't have any money so we never took a honeymoon. She is going to accompany me to my conference in Long Beach this summer and we are going to take a few extra days to hang out. I am trying to think of something special to do while we are there. I have the list down to three things: a hot air balloon ride, a spa day, or have a photographer take some nice photos of us on the beach. Any one would be fine with me and I want to suprise her. Which would you do? Can you think of something else that would be really special.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd pick hot air balloon. That sounds like fun.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
What would she want? If you don't know, ask several of her friends/relatives. [Smile]
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the thing. She would love any one of them. We have talked about doing all three at one point or another.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
My inner 8-year-old would love the balloon ride.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Balloon ride or pictures on a beach-a spa day can be done anywhere.
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like the hot air balloon ride. [Smile] The spa would be fun, but more so with a gf or by myself. It just doesn't feel coupley to me.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'd pick the balloon ride as well.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hot air balloon, but have a backup plan in case it's a hot or overcast morning.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Potentially you could do all three if you've got three days. Failing that, Balloon ride sounds amazing.

Other ideas: surfing lessons, snorkling, scuba diving, whale watching, swim w/dolphins (dunno how easy any of those are to do out in Long Beach). Dunno how much you guys go in for the adventuring. Sounds like your more for the relaxing so I dunno if any of those are the sorta thing you're looking for.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Balloon ride sounds awesome!

Here are some other ideas:

-Stay a night or two on the Queen Mary
-Go whale watching
-Go on a Gondola Getaway

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Terribly majority of me, but I'd go with the balloon ride. I've never gotten the chance to do so myself; closest I've come was the paragliding we did on our most recent trip, and that was amazing.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
For me:

1) Balloon ride
2) Photos
3) Spa

Good luck, but if the you take the opinion of the majority it's 'up up and away'!

Have fun!

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget to buy her a klondike bar. Oh, and I would do the photos, but I am terrified of heights.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Balloon ride!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.