FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Great movie spots around LA

Author Topic: Great movie spots around LA
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
So as I mentioned in another thread, my wife and I are going to LA this summer. We had the idea to go visit a few of the more memorable spots in movies. Here is our list so far:

1. Rydell High (I know it's not really Rydell)
2. The spot were Ahnold jumps the Harley into the ravine in T2
3. The Dresdin from Swingers

Can you help us come up with more? Do you know where these locations are?

Thanks

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Not even a clue, and I've lived here 25+ years. There must be websites that do, though.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
My dad went to "Rydell" High (Venice High.) My Aunt picked up Travolta's cigarette butts when they shot the movie there.

We walked into the locker room there and he just about broke down in tears because it shot him back about forty years.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd second the Dresdin if only because they've got decent food and a really fun atmosphere.

Also, I'd recommend just walking Venice Beach for two reasons at least:
1) best people-watching ever!
2) various scenes from American History X (while not the same as Swingers and the like, still quite cool).

Also, if you want to see the freeway overpass area where much of the jet v truck scene from the new Die Hard movie was filmed it's right outside my work [Smile]

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The Dresden is in Hollywood right off of Los Feliz. It's about 10 minutes from me.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.