FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Imagining the Tenth Dimension (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Imagining the Tenth Dimension
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
quote:
Quantum physics tells us that the subatomic particles that make up our world are collapsed from waves of probability simply by the act of observation. In the picture we are drawing for ourselves here, we can now start to see how each of us are collapsing the indeterminate wave of probable futures contained in the fifth dimension into the fourth dimensional line that we are experiencing as “time”.
This is where the video loses me. I get that quantum physics is really weird stuff, but our observations actually cause things? And this is in some way related to the choices I make?
From what I've heard and read, yes, Quantum Reality can be influenced by the observer. From what I remember in Quantum Reality the particles exist everywhere at the same time until they are observed...kind of of like the electron cloud...you can tell the speed but not the location...or the location but not the speed...

Wasn't there a recent experiment when they actually proved Quantum Reality (or was it Quantum Tunneling)... they fired a particle at a screen with two slits...and this particle was to go through one or the other and hit the detector on the other side to see which slit it went through. But lo! It went through BOTH at the same time!

An observer can just be another particle. It used to be theorized that conscious observation played a role in quantum effects but that theory is no longer mainstream.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
"Observe" in this case being more synonymous with "interact" than "witness"?
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.