FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Poster from the upcoming Marvel Comics "Ender's Game" series...

Author Topic: Poster from the upcoming Marvel Comics "Ender's Game" series...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Shiny.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, uhh... I never really envisioned it that way.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
me neither.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

- posted      Profile for Sm34rZ           Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of TRON.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

Weren't the Buggers called "woolies" or something like that? That guy doesn't look too fuzzy to me.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

Ugh. I can't leave it alone. Why is the "gun" attached to the arm? At least, I'm assuming its the gun 'cause it's all glowey.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Blah. [Grumble] Of course, nothing designed will satisfy the image in my head.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam_S
Member # 9695

- posted      Profile for Adam_S   Email Adam_S         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why is the "gun" attached to the arm?
just a guess, but perhaps because that's how OSC asked them to do it, so that it will presumably be in accordance with the future movie rather than with the book?
Posts: 128 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Just imagine this is the Ender's Game of Earth 2, to use a defunct geek reference. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a hand eating his head?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
It reminds me of the Power Rangers.

I thought the flash suits were soft.

And weren't the buggers smaller than that?

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Judging by the starfield pattern used on the creature's feet, I assume it's artistic license for the poster.
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
Just imagine this is the Ender's Game of Earth 2, to use a defunct geek reference. [Big Grin]

It's been undefuncted, btw.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
His flash suit looks like body armor.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks awful. I no longer trust anyone to do anything right ever.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:

It's been undefuncted, btw.
Not for long. They've already destroyed four of the fifty-two Earths of the "New Multiverse". I'm certain the upcoming JSA annual will finish off the new Earth 2. [Grumble]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that most likely a dream sequence? The only contact Ender has with an actual bugger is at the very end, and it's in a cocoon that fits inside his duffel bag.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

It's probably not an actual page from the series, but a "movie poster" style grouping.
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Reader:

The flash suits are most assuredly not soft. When frozen, obviously they harden into complete immobility, but even before that they are described as thick, stiff material. I envisioned them as more like thick jumpsuits and less body armor, for sure, but still. Not soft.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
Isn't that most likely a dream sequence? The only contact Ender has with an actual bugger is at the very end, and it's in a cocoon that fits inside his duffel bag.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

[Taunt]

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
quote:
Originally posted by The Reader:

The flash suits are most assuredly not soft. When frozen, obviously they harden into complete immobility, but even before that they are described as thick, stiff material. I envisioned them as more like thick jumpsuits and less body armor, for sure, but still. Not soft.
I always envisioned a suit similar to space suits. Yes, it is material, but it is very course and rigid. I thought that there would be sensors throughout the suit that would stiffen when hit.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, the problem is not just the design, but the fact that the art's... well... ugly.
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
The bugger's pretty well done, IMO. 100% agreement on Ender himself though.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I had thought that they were along the lines of space suits. Pliable, but not soft. If they were truly rigid as in the poster, then Bean would never have had one cut down for his size.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.