FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » mayfly- sending flowers

Author Topic: mayfly- sending flowers
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, stupid question. I want to send flowers to a friend in a different state (Phx, AZ). Anyone know of any good websites for that?
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I've used 1800flowers.com before and had good results with them.

My MIL often send me flowers, but I don't know what site she uses. I live just outside the Phx area and the little flower shop here in town always does a beautiful job.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You are much better off finding a local florist in the area. Cheaper, and less likely for there to be problems.

But when you call, ask where they are located. Many "local" florist's numbers really aren't.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - I had a thread just like this a couple years ago when I wanted to send flowers to a funeral in Utah.

At someone's suggestion, I used the internet to find a listing of all the flower shops in the area/town I wanted the bouquet to go to and then just contacted a florist in that town directly and ordered them via phone. It worked out great.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka types faster! [Wink]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
I've always ordered flowers at local shops in person, where they showed me pictures and I said, that looks good. I have no clue what I want- just something pretty, not roses. When I call, do I need to know more then a price range?
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask for suggestions. Give them a price range, and maybe some idea of the occasion, etc.

You should be aware: the pictures on the websites are often NOT what gets delivered. (See the fine print.) My former in-laws once ordered identical flowers sent to me and to my SIL (next door). We got very different bouquets, sent from two different florists -- and they both initially were delivered to me.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.