FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Woot off! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Woot off!
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had 300 bucks for that computer.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
damnit, i wanted that Star Wars stuff.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Toolsets and e-dictionaries for the kids.

Too bad I have to go to work now. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Do woot offs mean there will be a BOC at the end?
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it's always at the end, and I think there was at least one Woot off with no boc.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I don't think it's always at the end, and I think there was at least one Woot off with no boc.

Correct on both counts. (There have been multiple Woot-Offs with no BoC, and they're more typically buried somewhere in the middle.)
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

edit: four. [Embarrassed]

[ May 09, 2008, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I was so close!
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! That's right, I got 3 random craps coming my way. I hope it's either something fantastic, or something so incredibly crappy as to have no value at all. Woot!

I had the luckiest timing. I was walking out the door to go to the grocery store and remembered I needed to take the trash out. So as long as I was walking back inside, I hit f5 and there it was, in all its unglory.

For some reason, this makes me too happy. Some serious introspection may be called for. [Wink]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, AP!

If I weren't a renter I'd buy those Ceiling speakers they've got up there now... (edit: well, also if they hadn't sold out in a minute)

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I missed the BOCs again?!? [Grumble]
Nato
Member # 1448

I totally just bought three mini-kites. [Smile] (Which I guess is the end of it.. The lights are gone.)
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Me too. [Smile]

A family 4-pack is usually $19 from the manufacturer -- I figure $5 works for 3. [Wink]

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Nato:
(Which I guess is the end of it.. The lights are gone.)

Plus the description says
quote:
Is that a kite in your pocket, or are you just glad the Woot-Off’s over?

Yessirreebobby, this is the end, beautiful friend. After two taxing days of letting the Woot-Off toss you about like a mini-kite in a sudden spring storm, you’re finally coming back down to earth. It was fun, though, right?

Nato
Member # 1448

Haha, I didn't even need to read the description to realize I wanted mini-kites, but I guess I should have.
rivka
Member # 4859

I read all the descriptions! They're the best part! [Big Grin]
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a BOC Friday which is the first thing I purchased from Woot. I wonder what I'll get.
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
I received my BOC today! A pretty good haul for 8 bucks.

12 boxes of 18 coffee pods for a coffeemaker I don't have

1 Married with Children Kelly action figure

1 Roomba Scheduler robot vacuum cleaner with extra parts

1 awesome Woot! metal bucket number 1153 out of 2000!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Married with Children made action figures?
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

Dude, you got a Roomba? For eight dollars?
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

What kind of coffee pods?
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:
Married with Children made action figures?

MWC action figures
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that is exactly the action figure I received.

Yes, I got a roomba for 8 bucks! It is doing its thing all over the living room as I type this. Very cool.

The coffee pods are Lexxus brand dark sienna.

Long live woot!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Those fit the coffee machine I got from Woot about a year ago. The dark sienna is not as good as some of the other pods I have, but I could be persuaded to take them off your hands. [Wink]
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question about Woot. How often do they have woot offs? Is that the only way to get a BOC? OK, maybe I have more than one question. Last question. What am I going to do with lighted golf balls? [Dont Know]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Every now and then. It's pretty unpredictable.

2. I *think* that a few years ago I saw a non-woot-off bag of crap for sale, but I find myself skeptical of the authenticity of the memory.

3. Give them to a kid who will be delighted by them.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, yes, they have done non-Woot-off BOCs, but they're rare. I think maybe last year for April Fools? (this year was the recurring Woot-Off battery thing)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yes, the "million dollar" BOC.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, right, I was forgetting about the April Fools Day thing.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I think non-Woot-Offs BOCs were more common in the past. At least, that's my memory of it. Woot-Offs used to be farther apart, too, but now it seems like there's one every few weeks.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
Bump.
Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

yeeeeeEEEEES!
rivka
Member # 4859

The servers are being WEIRD.
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know Roomba made gutter cleaning robots.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yep, Derrell, that's their newest bot (that I'm aware of, anyway). If it could clamber from gutter to gutter itself I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

It always surprises me when Woot sells something that isn't electronic. I find myself thinking "are those USB pistachios?"

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Would they work with a Mac?
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

That's a pretty good machine for 1K.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but it smells like watermelon.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Missed the crap again, no thanks to the servers being unavailable.

Anyone get the crap?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

Also missed the crap.
rivka
Member # 4859

No. I tried and tried. [Cry]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
More mini-kites! Awesome! (This will bring me up to 6 mini-kites. What am I going to do with 6 mini-kites, you ask? Kindly remember that Boon and her kids are coming out this July. I foresee mini-kites on the beach and much merriment. [Big Grin] )
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] $0.01 (+$5.00 shipping)
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
*blink*
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Warranty: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
[ROFL]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
More mini-kites! Awesome! (This will bring me up to 6 mini-kites. What am I going to do with 6 mini-kites, you ask? Kindly remember that Boon and her kids are coming out this July. I foresee mini-kites on the beach and much merriment. [Big Grin] )

Oh, and I have three too!
Noemon
Member # 1115

I got the fishing pen.

Hmmm..I bought three power inverters during the wootoff yesterday, and I see that the charge went through on my credit card, but I'm not seeing the power inverters listed on my woot account information.

Noemon
Member # 1115

There's been a woot off going on today, for those of you who care but aren't already aware of it. So far I haven't seen anything that I've felt like I just had to have.
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
>_>
<_<
>_<

BOC- Brotherhood Of Catfisherman

?_?

T_T

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Bag of Crap.

Not actual crap, necessarily; assorted stuff.

I just got 18 mini-lanterns.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.