FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » new person

Author Topic: new person
CoolNick
Member # 11626

- posted      Profile for CoolNick   Email CoolNick         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i'm CoolNick.
I like pokemon and cool stuff.
get to know me.

im happy im now a jatraquero [Cool]

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
Nick u joined. welcome to tah forum [Big Grin] [Cool]
(lol nick goes to me school and were posting in cpu class;))

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, CoolNick. Here's to proper conventions of punctuation and spelling.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack.

:eats CoolNick:

Just so you know, CN, the convention here is to use grammatically correct spelling, punctuation, etc. You don't have to, of course, but in general, people will be more willing to engage you (and take you seriously) if you do.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! What brought you here?

Interesting that you used the word "jatraquero", Nick; that's a term that we used to use for ourselves a lot, but it hasn't gotten much use in the last couple of years. I take it you've been reading the archives*? [Smile]

*When I signed up I read the full archive. It was a lot smaller then, but it was still quite a bit to read. Fascinating stuff, though.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
CookNick, you're a new person? What, were you born yesterday or something?

Welcome aboard. [Wave]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Nick! Interestingly enough, I just bought Pokemon Diamond, because I was bored and haven't bought a handheld console in a long time. Got any favorites?
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Reading the full archives would be a lifetime of work.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoolNick
Member # 11626

Thank you for all of the warm welcomes =]

Actually Noemon, my friend brandon has been a member on this forum for quite some time now, and he's the one who introduced the term to me.

Also, my favorite Pokemon game would have to be Pokemon Yellow because Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon of all time, and the original GB games were, i think, the best.

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
eh, i always thought that pokemon was over-rated. He was always let outside his ball, yet no other pokemon was unless they were going to fight or work. Why can't charmander follow me around, or a whole poke-posse?
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!

And yes... pokemon is a stain on good Anime. [Wink]
Long live Ergo Proxy! Hehehhe

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
Hello, CoolNick. Here's to proper conventions of punctuation and spelling.

Snob!

Edit: ROFLOLZERZ!!

Also, I thought Tuna was in high school, I'm revising downward.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoolNick
Member # 11626

Well, i can't really explain why pikachu was always let out of his ball other than he didn't like it and Ash didn't want to upset him.

I don't really even consider pokemon an Anime...
I really only watch Bleach,though, so I'm not really sure what other good Animes there are.

Oh, and, me and Tuna are both in high school.

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my favorite "pocket monster".

Welcome, CN.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoolNick
Member # 11626

Haha, wow, that looks very...interesting.
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
You should try NetBattle.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoolNick
Member # 11626

What's NetBattle?
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi CoolNick. Welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
CookNick, you're a new person? What, were you born yesterday or something?

Welcome aboard. [Wave]

[Big Grin] Tante=So funny
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
*dejected*

I'm cool. . . enough.

Welcome to Hatrack! [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoolNick
Member # 11626

I'm sure you're cool
thanks

luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
Welcome to Hatrack.

:eats CoolNick:

Just so you know, CN, the convention here is to use grammatically correct spelling, punctuation, etc. You don't have to, of course, but in general, people will be more willing to engage you (and take you seriously) if you do.

You don't have to, of course, but in general people will repeatedly tell you that That's not how we do thing 'round here, And stay off my lawn, damn it.
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoolNick
Member # 11626

Thanks for the advice, I'll try my best to use grammatically correct spelling and such.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.