Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » summer

Author Topic: summer
Luna 9
Member # 11326

- posted      Profile for Luna 9           Edit/Delete Post 
What really makes me mad is that in summer, my mama still has to go to work, therefore I still must wake up at given time and go to bed at given time. It's like SUMMER SCHOOL! Awards day was today and I got 4 awards, honor roll all year, math fair participation, Spelling Bee runner-up, and fire safety class participation. Also, I have half a day of school left! [The Wave]
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on your awards. I hope you enjoy your summer even with a regular bed time and getting up early...

[Smile]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you really get out early.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
We used to get out in the middle of June.

Much as I loved Summer, I was always eager to get back to school by the time August came around.

Sometimes I still feel that way, and I'll be 24 later this month.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Skyler, when you say spelling bee runner-up, was that in your class, or the whole school? Also, was that all grades, or just your grade, if it was the whole school?

I came in 3rd in the school spelling bee when I was in the 3rd grade. I won it twice, in the 5th and 7th grades, and placed 2nd in the county twice. Skyler's mom won the county once, and placed in the state bee.

We expect great things in future bees. [Smile]

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could get fire safety class participation award! [Big Grin]

also, my highschool got out today! YAY!

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna 9
Member # 11326

quote:
Originally posted by steven:
Skyler, when you say spelling bee runner-up, was that in your class, or the whole school? Also, was that all grades, or just your grade, if it was the whole school?

I came in 3rd in the school spelling bee when I was in the 3rd grade. I won it twice, in the 5th and 7th grades, and placed 2nd in the county twice. Skyler's mom won the county once, and placed in the state bee.

We expect great things in future bees. [Smile]

Future....bees? You're a n00b....just kidding!
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you bumping all your year-old threads?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Reduce-reuse-recycle!

She doesn't want to waste thread, I guess.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna 9
Member # 11326

quote:
Originally posted by Brinestone:
Why are you bumping all your year-old threads?

Because after about a week, nobody is watching and I can say what I want XD
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually if you post again they see what you posted, it doesn't stay down at the bottom of the forum.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.