FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We are just the tools through which Smokey works his righteous works.

Author Topic: We are just the tools through which Smokey works his righteous works.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Smokey the Bear now possesses random people in order to prevent forest fires!

Wow, that's some awkward CGI in the new commercials. [Wink]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
What's with the outfit? It's like an Abercrombie and Fitch anti-fire campaign.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that was freaky.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

- posted      Profile for Lostinspace   Email Lostinspace         Edit/Delete Post 
very very freaky...even Smokey seems to say his catch phrase like he's on mushrooms or something. Bad acid man..bad acid!
Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of mushrooms, have you ever been to the Mellow Mushroom's website?

[Cool]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loren
Member # 9539

- posted      Profile for Loren   Email Loren         Edit/Delete Post 
PT, I just wanted to say that while we may not share the same taste in media, this thread title has cracked me up every time I've seen it. [Smile]
Posts: 100 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't originally going to comment, but I have to now before I forget because the advertisement at the bottom of the page (at the moment I was reading the thread) has me thorougly confused.

What is a "Smokey Jungle Frog Ringtone?" That just doesn't even sound like it makes sense....

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
It must be the ringtone version of a song about the plight of all those poor frogs displaced by the slashing-and-burning of their jungle homes. [Dont Know]

And I, too, love the thread title and am weirded out by the ads.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]

That's all I have to say.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And he will protect those who love woods and rivers, Gods and animals, hobos and madmen, prisoners and sick people, musicians, playful women, and hopeful children.
And if anyone is threatened by advertising, air pollution, television, or the police, they should chant SMOKEY THE BEAR'S WAR SPELL:
DROWN THEIR BUTTS
CRUSH THEIR BUTTS
DROWN THEIR BUTTS
CRUSH THEIR BUTTS
And SMOKEY THE BEAR will surely appear to put the enemy out with his vajra-shovel.

From the Smokey the Bear Sutra by Gary Snyder
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Gary Snyder, Rabbit! I didn't realize you were a fan. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
I wasn't originally going to comment, but I have to now before I forget because the advertisement at the bottom of the page (at the moment I was reading the thread) has me thorougly confused.

What is a "Smokey Jungle Frog Ringtone?" That just doesn't even sound like it makes sense....

http://www.wildherps.com/species/L.pentadactylus.html
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.