FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gamers - Where is the best place to rent games?

Author Topic: Gamers - Where is the best place to rent games?
Presences
Member # 8492

- posted      Profile for Presences           Edit/Delete Post 
I’m just wondering if anyone has had any experience with game rental stores?
Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say gamefly.com

I've never been a fan of renting from brick and mortar stores since they never have what I want, and you only get to keep the game for a few days, which is not enough time to really play it.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a little local place near my parents place called Top Hat Video...Though I suppose that only helps if you live in Northern Utah. I'll second Gamefly and caution against Blockbusters Game Rental Program, they never had what I wanted available.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I've used Gamefly for some months now, it's pretty good, my only complaint would probably be the mailing times.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lupus:
I'd say gamefly.com

I've never been a fan of renting from brick and mortar stores since they never have what I want, and you only get to keep the game for a few days, which is not enough time to really play it.

I had a poor experience with them.
They sent me a game, but both discs were messed up, especially the second.
They sent me the SECOND game on the list and it came unplayable,
Finally I get the last disc after I cancelled the service.
I should probably send it back though.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
I only had a couple damaged discs from gamefly and only one of those couldn't be fixed with some polishing. I eventually canceled though because the backlog of games I'd already purchased but hadn't play got too long.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have blockbuster.com and I get two free game/video rentals a month in addition to getting things mailed back and forth and free in-store trade-ins for 20 bucks a month. I only need, at most, two game rentals a month, and with the membership they're free. If you think you're going to need more, I'd go with gamefly.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I used gameznflix.com for a while.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Gamefly was good before they accused me of stealing games. They got lost in shipment, so they closed my account stating "we cannot operate your account with such losses" and the only way to reactivate is for me to purchase the lost games. They are essentially implying that I stole the games. They tried to blame it on the mail route, but I told them I've been a netflix customer for 3 years and never had a lost or broken disc. I was condescendingly told that my account is closed permanently.

Not that I'm bitter or anything...

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.