FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey does anyone play morrowind

Author Topic: Hey does anyone play morrowind
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how to download mods for morrowind. I need a little help. Anyways what are your thoughts on the elder scrolls games? I have the goty edition of morrowind for computer and oblivion for the 360 is oblivion better on the computer?
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The ES games have an extensive wiki system as well as a giant mod community. All of which are better places to ask that question.

And yes, Oblivion is superior on the computer. With the right mods it's a totally different experience.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you i think i'll buy it. [The Wave]
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I haven't played Morrowind in years. Loved it when I did. Be sure to get the "Better Bodies" mod and the . . ah heck, just go to http://www.ufrealms.net/index.php and check out their collection of cosmetic mods. some nice armors here too.

I also made use of the Cliff Diver remover. They were simply an annoyance. I never missed them at all. There were a few others I used to use, but man, it's been so long that I simply don't remember anymore. I think I haven't played inabout 3 years, maybe longer.

Oddly enough, I never played Oblivion. Was too busy in EQ2 instead.

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
Just make sure your computer can handle Oblivion on the PC. Even though it's some two years old now, it can still lay waste to an inadequate system.

But yeah, with a proper gaming PC, Oblivion on PC > Oblivion on 360.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it similar to Oblivion? I couldn't get into it, but I always wanted to give Morrowind a try due to all the hype I've heard about it.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually there are quite a few differences between Oblivion and Morrowind to my recollection. Oblivion is a lot more straightforward in terms of the setting, the people you need to deal with, and your initial understanding of the environment you're dealing with.

It was for me at least, because I'd played Daggerfall before, and so I was more familiar with with 'Imperial' setting as opposed to all the Dunmer and Dwemer stuff in Morrowind.

--------

I can't speak to whether Oblivion would be better on a 360 than your computer since I don't know what sort of system you've got. But if your computer is able to handle Oblivion without much of a strain, then yes definitely play it on the computer, and consider modding it up. JT is right, with the right mods it's a radically different (and in my opinion better) experience.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Oblivion gets boring fast and has no immersion.

I had a heck of a lot more fun with Morrowind but the experience is kinda dated now. Mods improve both.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.