FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Forum Rules (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Forum Rules
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Contents of post edited by SLCtDNE]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You may have been able to silence me, SLCtDNE, but the placement of the post that you butchered ensures that your dirty, forum controlling tricks will be on display for all to see!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Dance puppets...dance!

::plays with Hatrack's marionette strings::

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Other Rules to live or fry by:

You can exit Hatrack anytime you want, but you can never leave.

Anything not specifically prohibited is mandatory.

Anything not specifically mandatory is prohibited.

People here are American Friendly, which means they will do almost anything you ask them to, and nothing you tell them to.

The Secret Liberal Cabal is not as secret as the vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Both are top secret, but play softball together in the Conspirators league every second Tuesday at some undisclosed softball diamond.

All Jatraqueros are equal. Some are more equal than others.

Quote Princess Bride you win the thread.

Quote Dune--the book-- for bonus points.

Quote Dune the movie--lose points.

The "Last Post" threads never reach the last post.

The "Begging the Question" thread is older than the Internet.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:

The "Last Post" threads never reach the last post.

Didn't the original eventually die? Does anyone know who actually did end up getting the last post?

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:

All Jatraqueros are equal. Some are more equal than others.

I'm not real yet.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember correctly, it died because someone was posting entire chapters of a textbook or something and crashed the entire board.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Get off my lawn.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
Who the heck is The Genuine?
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about not being real. I'm still not real.

I may be real, real soon.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
(reality is overrated)
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Achilles:
(reality is overrated)

I'd like to try it first and be the judge of that, you hell dweller you.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt I wwill ever be real.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I know an occasional poster, but he's not real either [Frown]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Once you reach 3000 posts, you may be invited to join the Secret Liberal Cabal That Does Not Exist. If you do not receive an invitation, that means you are Not Cool Enough.

*polishes badge*
I KNEW IT! Look, put me in coach. I've made my posts, I've antagonized Dag, I've agreed with Lyr time and time again, I'm ready!
<glances up> Huh.... Seven-hundred and thirty-five to go... <returns to what he was doing>
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Blasphemer.

What -- no smiting?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Blasphemer.

What -- no smiting?
He's so not even worth it.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to become real one day.

This one isn't a rule necessarily- but something you might want to know. Blayne really, really likes video games.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne also really likes communism, and countries that at some point practiced communism. If you send him a mail order Chinese girlfriend he would probably be your friend for life.

There is no limit to the number of alts you may have on this board, if you can beat Jon Boy you get a million bux.

Trying to argue legality with Dagonee is like fighting the T1000 with any sort of melee weapon.

You cannot be made real until you satisfy at least 3 of the following requirements.

1: Endure one of King of Men's insults to your intelligence, insults to your preferred deity don't count.

2: Honestly believe Claudia Therese is especially nice to you, and then realize she is just that awesome to everyone.

3: Argue theology with Tom Davidson until he makes a jab with the [Wink] graemlin tacked on at the end. If Tom cannot be found Mr Squicky or Javert will do. Other's may also be qualified

4: Post a movie related thread of significant importance before Puffy Treat manages to do it.

5: Win a round of the Hatrack Movie Quote thread.

6: Create a thread that eventually surpasses 10 pages of posts, simply replying to yourself over and over invalidates this accomplishment.

7: Survive Lisa's wrath after suggesting Israelis have no business defending themselves against Palestinians.

8: Watch the entire series of Firefly and see Serenity.

9: Participate in the Hatrack Xmas Gift Exchange.

or

Complete just one of the following.

1: Successfully convince Ketchup Queen that Heinz ketchup is not delicious.

2: Make a post with at least 3 sentences that no hatracker manages to disagree with, or take issue with the grammar.

3: Summon Mr. Card back to this side of the forums.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I dislike the "wins the thread" announcements. Mostly because I never win. I think I won once. Besides, everyone knows that any thread worth winning is won by Tom. It's why he and I will never be friends.

:runs a search:

I guess I won one thread, but more importantly, I apparently won an argument with Squicky once.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I've barely done three of those. [Wink]

Also,
quote:
Participate in the Hatrack Xmas Gift Exchange.
and people wonder why I stopped participating in the "Holiday Gift Exchange". [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
4: Post a movie related thread of significant importance before Puffy Treat manages to do it.

Note the qualifier. Think they'll realize none of my movie threads are of significant importance? [Big Grin]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
2: Make a post with at least 3 sentences that no hatracker manages to disagree with, or take issue with the grammar.

Fail!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The comma in this sentence is unnecessary. [Razz]
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
I apparently won an argument with Squicky once.

What, is that supposed to be hard?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rollainm:
The comma in this sentence is unnecessary. [Razz]

Commas aren't grammar. [Mad]

However, the second half of the relative clause is ungrammatical—there's no slot for the relative pronoun.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy is punctilious with his punctuation.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Genuine
Member # 11446

- posted      Profile for The Genuine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Achilles:
Who the heck is The Genuine?

I'm the Headmaster of Sakeriver.

And indeed, quite possibly the only person to have come to Hatrack from Sakeriver (rather than the other way around).

Posts: 158 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're the first I've seen.

Although technically, I was a lurker at both before joining either.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Blayne also really likes communism, and countries that at some point practiced communism. If you send him a mail order Chinese girlfriend he would probably be your friend for life.

There is no limit to the number of alts you may have on this board, if you can beat Jon Boy you get a million bux.

Trying to argue legality with Dagonee is like fighting the T1000 with any sort of melee weapon.

You cannot be made real until you satisfy at least 3 of the following requirements.

1: Endure one of King of Men's insults to your intelligence, insults to your preferred deity don't count.

2: Honestly believe Claudia Therese is especially nice to you, and then realize she is just that awesome to everyone.

3: Argue theology with Tom Davidson until he makes a jab with the [Wink] graemlin tacked on at the end. If Tom cannot be found Mr Squicky or Javert will do. Other's may also be qualified

5: Win a round of the Hatrack Movie Quote thread.

6: Create a thread that eventually surpasses 10 pages of posts, simply replying to yourself over and over invalidates this accomplishment.

7: Survive Lisa's wrath after suggesting Israelis have no business defending themselves against Palestinians.

8: Watch the entire series of Firefly and see Serenity.

9: Participate in the Hatrack Xmas Gift Exchange.

or

Complete just one of the following.

1: Successfully convince Ketchup Queen that Heinz ketchup is not delicious.

3: Summon Mr. Card back to this side of the forums.

An additional rule is that you must never, on any occasion, read or respond to any posts by BlackBlade. Ever.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe that BB was real before he did three of those.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka wins the thread.

(Yes, its a pity win, but they count.)

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy: I almost limited the grammar caveat to just you, but you were already mentioned by name when I discussed alts. [Smile] Incidentally, what's a relative pronoun?

Puffy Treat: I think you and I both know that trailers, casting buzz, and new movie announcements are all important events of unparalleled significance.

ketchupqueen: Nope, I definitely completed at least three before you, KPC, and Rivka made me real. Though I will admit that I still wish to complete at least one of the, "Complete one, become real" requirements.

Flaming Toad on a Stick: How could they respond unless they also read the post to some degree? Seems impossible to do the later without the former.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Commas aren't grammar.
Heh. Right you are. [Smile]

Of course, I never said they were, either.

So...there... [Razz]

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I became real twice, I think.

And I still don't have 3000 posts 8 years later.

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ha! That completely happened to me.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Know when to let go.

At some point you have to accept that the other person is not going to be swayed. And also remember that the entire world doesn't have to agree with you.

You make your point, someone makes a counter argument, you make a response clarifying your position. Then the other person clarifies and expands his position, etc....

At some point you have to accept that you've made your point and it is never going to be any clearer. If the other person doesn't agree just accept it and move on.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I would add, don't take anything personally. If your argument gets torn apart by someone, they don't actually hate you.

That's right isn't it...nobody here actually hates me do they? *cowers in fear of the truth*

Also: Hatrack is definitive, reality is frequently inaccurate. [Razz]

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
Two out of Three. Almost there.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, how am I going to prove my existence to you guys when I can't even prove I exist to people I have actually met in person?

Well hopefully I'll at least I'll end up being an imagination of someone real and not an imagination of an imagination because thats what I am to my "physical" friends.

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
remember all the cool people don't use graemlins. [Smile]
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.