FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In Case Anyone Was Wondering...

Author Topic: In Case Anyone Was Wondering...
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard Cohen puts on a wonderful live performance. Best show I've seen in years. That is all.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
*pouts*
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
He's coming to a city near YOU!!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minerva
Member # 2991

- posted      Profile for Minerva           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got tickets!
Posts: 289 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

[Cool]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I so want to see him, but when I looked yesterday the very cheapest seats up in the balcony were still well over $200 [Frown] I just don't think I can justify that right now. I'm bummed.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

April 19, Vancouver [Cool]

My birthday is in April. Hmmm ...

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Birthday. Present. Success.

My husband will be the happiest person in the world, or I will die trying.

---
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Tammy
Member # 4119

[Cool]
[Big Grin]

dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I am so endlessly jealous. Leonard Cohen is my hero and my muse. I'd do anything to be be able to see him.

Edit: Ok, he's coming to Boston, I've just got to figure out a way to come up with the money. I feel like this is something I have to do with us both getting older; I may not get another chance.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

LC is 74, and I never thought I'd be able to see him in concert. But according to the New York reviews, he is in fine form: debonair, lively, and up for 3-hr sets. Suhweet. [Big Grin]

My beloved received a very small inheritance recently. Most has gone to paying the mundane things which need to be paid, but the little bit he set aside for fun has gone to my birthday present. He was able to find a ticket at a fraction of the going price via advanced sales. It's still a chunk of money, but it's less than I expected and oh-so-lovely a present.

I've only been to two concerts in my life, back in the 80s. (Don't ask.) Looks like third time will be the charm indeed.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Leonard Cohen is my hero and my muse. I'd do anything to be be able to see him.
Would "anything" in this case include the possibility of spending up to $800? Because if so, it's still quite simple for you to see him. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
His songs are wonderful, memorable, and really depressing. I get so sad when I hear him, then the sad song sticks in my head for days and weeks.

My son loves his music too. Once he was playing the guitar intro for Famous Blue Raincoat and when he got to the place where the words begin he sang "hate my life, hate my life, I hate my life, hate my liiiiiife..." it cracked me up.

I have to take frequent breaks from Leonard and listen to Carlos Vives or someone like that. It's just like when I'm reading Franz Kafka. I can see that he's a genius and his stuff is amazing, but it's so agonizing that I have to take it in short spurts with lots of leavening in between. I gather he doesn't have this effect on most of you?

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

Oh, he's definitely agonizing and crushingly depressing, but some of us are agonized and crushingly depressed. I can listen to Leonard Cohen all day.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Chacun à son goût. [Smile]
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Might have to see him again. We shall see.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minerva
Member # 2991

- posted      Profile for Minerva           Edit/Delete Post 
The Beacon Theatre concert is available on NPR: link
Posts: 289 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

I can't find anything for less than $180. This is a dilly of a pickle.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.