FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fringe (spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fringe (spoilers)
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I always record Fringe so I can watch it later. I hope it will not be considered a spoiler if I point out that LivAlternate has discovered she is pregnant--obviously with Peter's baby. Talk about a plot complication! And not just the soap opera implications--it is hinted that this child of Peter might also be able to have some dramatic part to play in the clash of universes--maybe it could also activate "the machine." Walternate already seems very interested in his grandson, and not just in a patriarchal sense. Granted, when you try to read the messages being telegraphed of future plot twists, you can be misled; but this is something being telegraphed with a heavy hand on the key.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron, the part it'll play is what Simon said. Peter has to choose a world. Do you think it's more likely or less that he'll choose the world where his child lives?

When Walternate nixed the idea of experimenting with Cortexiphan on children, I almost cried. In a lot of ways, he's a better man than our Walter.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa, yes, he refused to experiment on children. But still he is willing to destroy an entire universe or at least alternate earth--with all its people (including children)!

There are some good things about Walternate's world. 911 never happened, they use zeppelins for transportation, the copper coating on the Statue of Liberty has apparently been treated, so it won't turn blue.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Self defense. They were invaded, and the results were vast and deadly. I think he's justified. They're fighting a defensive war, and it's one where no one can argue about the fact that our Walter started it.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

But who was responsible for splitting the universe/world into two timelines? This has to be resolved eventually as a physical necessity. Walter did not split the two universes/worlds apart. He upset the balance and hastened the eventual collapse/resolution. But those mysterious "Observers," or the "First People," may be the ones really to blame. Walter just found out about it. If what he did was so disastrously wrong, then why didn't the Observers stop him?

I really hope the writers do not disappoint us, and continue their interesting plotting to a conclusion that really makes sense.

John Nobel is a great actor! I kind of like Anna Torv, too.

Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I was really happy they gave us an alterverse episode. I felt kind of bad for Frank when he found out Fauxlivia was pregnant.

I am really interested in Simon. He seems to know exactly what is going on. I want to know who he is, how he gets his information, and what his goals are.

Edit: Oh look I broke 1,000 posts. About time. [Razz]

[ February 14, 2011, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Geraine ]

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I watched the credits to see if it was going to be all alterverse or a little of each. I like the fact that they signal us by color.

The one thing I've never really been able to get past is that there were changes long enough ago that the people there don't know who Andrew Jackson is, and yet individuals like Walter and Peter and Olivia are duplicated almost exactly. You'd think that changes that far back would result in some pretty major divergence. Unless the Observers were keeping things matched, I suppose...

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
But who was responsible for splitting the universe/world into two timelines?

Maybe it was Krona. Or an analogous character. Clearly the split happened long ago. It may have been on purpose, but it's more likely that it was an accident. One that the Observers have been trying to fix ever since.
Geraine
Member # 9913

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:

Maybe it was Krona.
[ROFL]

Thanks Lisa, I needed that today.

Observers: We are trying to put the universes back together again

Olivia: Well who divided them in the first place?"

Krona: "It was me! Tee hee hee!"

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:

Maybe it was Krona.
[ROFL]

Thanks Lisa, I needed that today.

Observers: We are trying to put the universes back together again

Olivia: Well who divided them in the first place?"

Krona: "It was me! Tee hee hee!"

I love that you got it.
Geraine
Member # 9913

Did anyone see the last few episodes of Fringe? Sunject 13 was a pretty good episode, but this latest one kind of annoyed me.

Spoilers!!

In Subject 13 Bell is not around and Walter is doing experiments with the kids. Olivia is his star pupil and we find out that Walternate originally found out about the other universe through Olivia.

In this latest episode Walter rings the bell to activate the "Soul Magnet" and William Bell's spirit is sucked into Olivia, whos body he takes over...

When did William put the little device needed for that in Olivia?

I thought it was a poor choice. I thought Nina would have been the best person for the job. And Ana Torv's Leonard Nimoy voice was utterly horrible. I actually cringed when I heard it.

Other than that it was a decent episode.

Lisa
Member # 8384

Who says there has to be a device in Olivia? The only device was the bell. Olivia simply happened to be the best host for Bell's spirit.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.