FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Download Firefox 3 and help set a record (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Download Firefox 3 and help set a record
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
As I've typed in sites they are replacing the links of sites I visited using bookmarks (does that make sense) but since they take two lines I don't have as many in the list. Oh well. Its working faster than FF2 so I like it overall.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
Lyrhawn, you're living in the past man!

I'm working my way up.

I'm mostly committed to changing over to Firefox in the near future, but now I want to wait for the bugs to get worked out of Firefox 3, and then I think I'll move over. Maybe at the end of the Summer.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wendybird:
As I've typed in sites they are replacing the links of sites I visited using bookmarks (does that make sense) but since they take two lines I don't have as many in the list. Oh well. Its working faster than FF2 so I like it overall.

I never noticed any change in speed when I went from IE to FF, but in this change from FF2 to FF3, I've noticed an increase in speed
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost thou tempt me.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
The hassle of moving all my IE bookmarks over is part of the reason I haven't switch yet, but I think the other is that I'm always afraid programs like that will come with a bunch of spyware and viruses.

Firefox gives you the option to import bookmarks from IE, which is really nice. As for spyware and viruses, this is highly debated, but a lot of people accept that Firefox is safer than IE.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems record was beaten. Yay!
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, it's using half the memory it used to with double the tabs much faster. It's like a new sports car!
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.