FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thank you for triggering my ophidiophobia.

Author Topic: Thank you for triggering my ophidiophobia.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
python found in toilet

[Angst]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Angst] [Angst]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have to worry, that was in australia, here the snakes go down the other way.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

[Cry]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:
You don't have to worry, that was in australia, here the snakes go down the other way.

They come up!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"When I saw it I was pretty shocked," he said. "There is no possible other way it could have got there than through the toilet. I had to give him a wash because he was wet and a bit smelly."
How Aussie. [ROFL]
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, free pet!
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

- posted      Profile for cassv746   Email cassv746         Edit/Delete Post 
I REALLY REALLY don't like snakes, however I found that one kind of cute. [Dont Know]
Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the green snake pictured is not the one found in the toilet.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the python... had been traveling through the building's sewer pipes.
Is anyone else vaguely reminded of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by this quote? [ROFL]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

- posted      Profile for cassv746   Email cassv746         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh probably not, I didn't think about it not being the snake in the toilet. I'd still be really freaked out if it came out of the toilet and I saw it. Ew.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I rescued a snake from a toilet once.... even got written up in the local paper for it (of course, it was in the toilet of the office of the local newspaper..)

Took it out in the country and let it go.

Of course, it wasn't a python. Just a lowly rat snake.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Not to freak anyone out, but I swear I hear about another python in a toilet incident every few months. [Dont Know]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

*freaks out*

Going to pretend I didn't read that. [Monkeys]

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I never get the cool surprises.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I did a little bit of googling:

Brooklyn toilet python

New Jersey toilet boa

Water moccasin in toilet bites Florida woman

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that third one is scary. Though they think the snake snuck in through the dog door. I'm never putting in a dog door.

The pythons and boas are sorta cute, not with the scary cause they're not aggressive and mostly harmless.

A water moccasin on the other hand... [Angst]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't find the article on teh intarwebz, but when I lived in Malaysia, I read in the paper about a man living out in the boonies who was using a toilet, and this came up the pipe and nearly bit his 11th digit off.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently Norway also has problems with carnivorous lizards lurking in loos.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Snakes... why did it have to be snakes?
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
Apparently Norway also has problems with carnivorous lizards lurking in loos.

Yah know, after reading this and the other links posted, I'm feeling very afraid for my "ham".

[Angst]

This is the stuff nightmares are made of!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twinky:
Snakes... why did it have to be snakes?

[Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

woman in Maine finds 8 foot python in her washing machine.

[Cry] [Angst] [Grumble] [Frown]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat-o! I had no idea they could do that. If that happened to me, I'd have some great story to tell the grandkids. I mean, if I ever get any.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I was just about to post this. It's not a toilet this time, but like I said above, these things seem to happen frequently enough that it barely seems like news anymore.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww... the little baby snakey...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.