FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Scene That I Can't Quite Place...Help My Memory Get A Jump Start

Author Topic: A Scene That I Can't Quite Place...Help My Memory Get A Jump Start
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember watching either a movie or a TV show that involves what has become a distinct scene in my head. However, I can not, for the life of me, recall what production the scene is from.

I think it's a darker film. Possibly a war movie. Can't quite recall that either.

The characters are walking or driving somewhere, and they stop at an intersection. There are railroad tracks and the warnings signs are implemented. Flashing lights, dinging bells, and mechanical arms that lower to discourage drivers.

And then a train goes by on the tracks. But not just an average train. The locomotive is on fire. With flames and smoke flowing from each window. I believe this is accompanied by the sound of screams.

Like I said, it's stuck in my head as a particularly interesting scene. But I can't recall what production it's from.

Can anyone provide me with help? This has been bugging me for awhile. And I would be not-so-eternally indebted to anyone who could help.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
"War of the Worlds," isn't it?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Quite possibly. Must have been one of few things I actually liked about that movie...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'd say WotW also. Kind of an amusing scene, how everyone is standing at the gate, almost oblivious to the flaming Amtrak train speeding by, and when it's gone everyone is deadpan silent.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
I remember watching either a movie or a TV show that involves what has become a distinct scene in my head. However, I can not, for the life of me, recall what production the scene is from.

I think it's a darker film. Possibly a war movie. Can't quite recall that either.

The characters are walking or driving somewhere, and they stop at an intersection. There are railroad tracks and the warnings signs are implemented. Flashing lights, dinging bells, and mechanical arms that lower to discourage drivers.

And then a train goes by on the tracks. But not just an average train. The locomotive is on fire. With flames and smoke flowing from each window. I believe this is accompanied by the sound of screams.

Like I said, it's stuck in my head as a particularly interesting scene. But I can't recall what production it's from.

Can anyone provide me with help? This has been bugging me for awhile. And I would be not-so-eternally indebted to anyone who could help.

Final Destination?
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
The scene from War of the Worlds

OT: I really didn't like that movie.

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I still don't get all the War of the Worlds hate. (aside from the stupid coming up from under the ground part. wth was that about?)

But yeah, that's one of the best scenes in the movie. I didn't find it funny at all. I found it rather horrifying.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like it because I found the main characters to be incredibly stupid.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Threads: I found that one of the more true-to-life parts of an alien invasion movie.

Most people don't have a plan for what to do when the aliens invade.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.