FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Me, me, me

Author Topic: Me, me, me
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an article about me and my work in the local paper.

Note: I did not "discover" that my father was of "primarily Norwegian descent." That was pretty clear from the fact that he was born to immigrant parents and spoke Norwegian as his first language. ;-)

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
It is good that you have been able to combine your chosen profession with a field that holds much interest for you. Most people would probably take little interest in the genealogy of other families. Maybe sometime in the future I will delve into the murky past of my own ancestors, because I really don't know that much about it and yet have always had an interest in history. But upon reading about your work I guess I will have to invest some serious time into such a project - so for now I'll put it on the back burner.
Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lol_kitteh
Member # 11664

- posted      Profile for lol_kitteh           Edit/Delete Post 
MEOW MEOW MEOW
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool, Uprooted!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed! [Cool]

(Uprooted is a she? Oh!)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Yep, I'm a she! And you want to hear something dumb? Guess I was a bit nervous for the interview -- apparently I added a year onto my age. 46 is bad enough, and I told her 47, and there it is for all to see!

I do enjoy my work; it's actually very fun to learn and help share people's stories.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You're just living a tiny bit in the future. Which is sort of the opposite of what one might expect of a genealogist. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Where is this Cherokee Tribune? (I can't find a state mentioned anywhere).

Good article. Must have been cool working for National Geographic (like you used to). Sounds like a fabulous job you've made for yourself now.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
Yep, I'm a she! And you want to hear something dumb? Guess I was a bit nervous for the interview -- apparently I added a year onto my age. 46 is bad enough, and I told her 47, and there it is for all to see!

I do enjoy my work; it's actually very fun to learn and help share people's stories.

Don't feel too bad, I once said my last name was Costley instead of Crowley. (Elder Costley was a companion on my mission)
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Farmgirl, it's Cherokee County, Georgia. MEC, you're not by any chance related to Scott, are you?
MEC
Member # 2968

Is Scott a lawyer in South Carolina?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Well, last I heard he was a lawyer in Richmond, VA but it's been a while since I've heard anything about his whereabouts.
MEC
Member # 2968

Sorry, I got confused where he lived, but yeah, he's my Uncle.

(I have a different uncle in South Carolina)

Uprooted
Member # 8353

Tell him hey for me -- I was in your family's ward on Long Island before they moved to Michigan, and knew Scott in VA when I lived there as well.
MEC
Member # 2968

Cool, I was born in Michigan.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.