FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Intoducing . . . (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Intoducing . . .
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Charles Alan!

I woke up at 3 this morning, got up to go to the bathroom and felt a very intense contraction. After the second one I decided I'd better time them, and they were less than 4 minutes apart and averaging just over a minute long. And I was pretty sure I was leaking fluid. So I called the hospital, woke up Bob and Mom (Mom & Dad have been here for a week) and we left John with Dad and headed in.

When the nurse checked me I was only 1-2 cm and 50% effaced, but I was right about the water breaking, so she checked me in. By the time we were done with the paperwork the contractions were almost unbearable, so I got in the tub to see if it would help me relax. It didn't help much. After the second contraction in the tub I said to Bob, "I don't think it was this intense in early labor with John. I'm not sure I can do this one without dru . . .uh, I feel the head."

The nurse got me out of the tub, took one look between my legs and called out for the other nurse to call the doctor. He go there in under 10 minutes and baby was born at 5:50am.

7lbs 9oz, 19 3/4" long.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Glad that labor was so brief!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!

Welcome to Earth little Charles Alan [Smile]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Wonderful that things went so well -- should also help make recovery really easy for you. (this is so much like my second one, who was also a very short delivery, and I "woke" up with contractions first thing in the morning, kinda like you did. After I had him, I felt great - not the total exhaustion I had after my first).

Welcome to our world, Charles Alan!

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Might not like what he sees, he actually has to eat and breathe for himself for once good luck Charls.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

[The Wave]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
ahhhhhh!

Congratulations! You sure do spit em out fast dkw. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!!!!!
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for fast labor! I love the picture of the boys together. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

Woah that dude (Bob) looks like my uncle Jim.
Edit sorry ify offended you I tend to type how I speak.

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
"That dude"??? You mean Bob does?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Yow. I slept in this morning and haven't gotten anything done today. Meanwhile, you already had a baby before I even woke up...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! This is what happens when I don't read the pregnancy thread . . . I had no idea you were expecting. (and if you tell me I posted a congratulatory note in some announcement thread, well, that part of my brain must have fallen out.)
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. Welcome to the world, li'l guy.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Hat]
The little guy looks very healthy! [Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by plaid:
Yow. I slept in this morning and haven't gotten anything done today. Meanwhile, you already had a baby before I even woke up...

[ROFL]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! June 26 is an awesome birthday to have.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lol_kitteh
Member # 11664

- posted      Profile for lol_kitteh           Edit/Delete Post 
OH HAI. WELCOM 2 TEH WURLD, BABY BOI!
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

Woah now tis important thread!!!!!!!!!!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! Yay! [Party]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
What a lovely boy! Congrats to you both!!

(The picture of Bob with Charles is the most adorable picture I've seen in a long, long time, btw.)

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Welcome to the world Charles
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel Tov to the whole family.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh -- congratulations! Yay! *happy dance*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Well count me surprised, but then again I never look in pregnancy threads.

Congratulations to everybody!

(Rare occasion for Glenn to use a smiley)

[Party]
[The Wave]

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding! Congrats!

[Party] [Hat]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Such cute pictures!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! That's so wonderful! =)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been checking hatrack relentlessly for just this reason. Congratulations!!

[The Wave]

(I'm an English teacher, so everyone thinks I named my son after Nathaniel Hawthorne. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

I want to have children. [Grumble]
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
That pic with Bob and John is absolutely adorable. Congratulations!
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
How wonderful! Another beautiful Scopatz baby! Is it alright if we stop up at the hospital tomorrow around 6? Are you still going to be there?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I also really- that's a good hardy name.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, I wish your family the best. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Val, the standard stay would keep us until tomorrow, but I'm hoping they let us go this afternoon. Give us a ring on the cell phones to find out whether we're at the hospital or at home -- we'd love to see you either way.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

[Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bootjes
Member # 11624

- posted      Profile for bootjes           Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations
Posts: 129 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wooo! Congrats to everyone! I'm glad all involved are well and healthy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so awesome! And the pictures look great!

I'm so happy for the entire family.

[Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember the Army commercial--"We do more before breakfast than most people do all day."

I don't think so.

Congrats to the whole family.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, BobnDana! [Smile] (and John!)
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Two gorgeous little boys! Mazel tov! Wow, Dana, you look impossibly lovely so soon after giving birth. Good golly!

It looks like John was right when he described how the baby would be born. [Smile]

LOVE the name. Will y'all call him Charlie?

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

We're calling him Charles for now. If he wants to go by a nickname when he's older we'll go along with whatever he picks.

Thanks for the congratulations and good wishes, everyone.

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
A little late to the party, but...

Congratulations! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.