FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Diablo III announced!!

Author Topic: Diablo III announced!!
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
Diablo III Homepage

As an on-and-off avid Diablo II fan over the past eight or so years since it's been released, I'm really excited about this news. I'm surprised it took Blizzard so long to release a sequel considering that Diablo II still has tens of thousands of players on at any given moment. Diablo II is still a great game and I hope that Blizzard doesn't mess anything up with Diablo III!

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
HOLY MOLY! I thought I was going to get rick rolled for sure, this just made my year! Now I have no choice but to get a new comp.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Diablo II and starcraft are my favorite games ever and now they both get sequals!! Yay!
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I've spent more hours playing Blizzard games than every other publisher's games put together.

From WCI, WCII, WCIII, Diablo, Diablo II, Starcraft, World of Warcraft. Each have a special place in my gaming history.

With Starcraft II, Diablo III, and the WoW expansion, my next couple of years of gaming have already been claimed by Blizzard [Smile] .

Edit: Okay now that I've gone and checked the site out a bit, I'm even more excited. The Witch Doctor looks pretty awesome. I'd imagine that means that there will be no Necromancer class this time, since there appears to be some overlap. I'd venture a very early guess that the Witch Doctor will be my class of choice.

I had two Necromancers in the mid 90's for Diablo II. I also had a couple of high level Paladin's (one Holy Shock and one Fanatic/Zeal). And two high level Sorceress characters as well (one fire, one lightning). Six characters past level 86, all told. I played a ton, then quit for a couple years. All my characters were deleted. Then I sparked up again, and played for another few months, and of course stopped and had all my characters once again deleted.

I mostly stuck to the Sorcerer class in Diablo I. I played through the game at least 6-7 times, but it was before I had internet access, so only know the single player content on that one.

Diablo II was perhaps the most addictive game I've ever played. Hope this one is as much fun as the last two.

[ June 28, 2008, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya me too!
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Blizzard has been changing their main page graphic daily for the past week, and the speculation has been rampant. Diablo III was the expected outcome simply because everything else (SC2, for example) has already been announced.

And, for the record, Blizzard's job page also has several listings for a secret "Next-Gen MMO Game", so they ain't done yet.

Sadly, I can't convince the wife to move to Irvine no matter how much I try.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would your wife want to live in Florida?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:

I might be missing something you are saying Tom but Irvine is in California.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Not to be rude Nighthawk, but I don't blame your wife in the least bit. Southern California is terrible unless you live in a suburb and drive in a lot of horrendous traffic.

I'm really excited about D3. I played through D2 at least 10 times, I loved that game. I didn't play online much since most of the time I would get frustrated when people would kill me and steal all my gold

The only bad thing is that now I'll never find a girlfriend, there are too many good computer games coming out. [Smile]

I might have to build a gaming computer too. What do you guys think, how overtaxed will my computer be? 2.4 ghz intel core duo, 2 gigs of ram, 256 megabytes of video ram. Probably not enough for these next-gen games right?

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, am looking forward to this. It also seems like they've solved a lot of the problems I had with the skill-swapping system in D2. It just felt clunky to me.

Also, it doesn't help that every time I patched the game, my characters got worse, not better. Still, this is going to be good.

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn You Blizzard! Why did you take SO LONG to come out with D3! Now I have kids! How can I really devote myself to a character NOW! I waited for you for so long! I guess I just couldn't wait anymore. I had to move on with my life. Now you'll just have to wait until my kids get old enough for school. By then the price will be cheaper. I tell myself that to make me feel better. It isn't working though. (damn you again blizzard) :mutter mutter:
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Diablo 3 is going to hit computer gaming with an effect reminiscent to how crack cocaine hit america in the 1980's.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dawnmaria:
Damn You Blizzard! Why did you take SO LONG to come out with D3! Now I have kids! How can I really devote myself to a character NOW! I waited for you for so long! I guess I just couldn't wait anymore. I had to move on with my life. Now you'll just have to wait until my kids get old enough for school. By then the price will be cheaper. I tell myself that to make me feel better. It isn't working though. (damn you again blizzard) :mutter mutter:

Obviously, the answer here is to add "leveling the Paladin" to the childrens' chore list.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny part of it is that I never played any of the previous ones, but it still looks like something I would love to get into.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:

He already lives here, near Miami I think.

I am a northern boy and I love it here.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Funny part of it is that I never played any of the previous ones, but it still looks like something I would love to get into.

Blasphemy! You must pick up Diablo II and play it. It's a fantastic game. I wasn't a big fan of the first one, but you don't really need to even know anything about it to enjoy #2.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:

Blasphemy! You must pick up Diablo II and play it. It's a fantastic game. I wasn't a big fan of the first one, but you don't really need to even know anything about it to enjoy #2.
Oh I don't know about that. Only somebody who has played D1 can understand the emotional impact intended when you go back to Tristram in D2. Wurt, Griswald, and Kain are all a part of that. But you are right in that it's really easy to pick up D2.

----

I am so glad they added the number toolbar with the mouse wheel scrolling option. Using the Fkeys to set your next ability and clicking did indeed feel alittle clunky.

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never played 1 or 2, but I might try 3.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I am so glad they added the number toolbar with the mouse wheel scrolling option. Using the Fkeys to set your next ability and clicking did indeed feel alittle clunky.

You can change which keys are bound to your skills.

I use:
QWERT
ASDFG

To bind my skills to. Works well enough.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I might be missing something you are saying Tom but Irvine is in California.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I was asking why his wife would want to live where he currently lives. [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.