FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » so you thought you were going to sleep tonight (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: so you thought you were going to sleep tonight
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
http://fantasticcontraption.com/
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
my tank appears to not work in all situations.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
omg, this is funny, I made a ferris wheel thing and it actually goes in the reverse direction of its wheels thats funny.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck trying to cross a gap and just falling in. This is wicked fun and totally time-wasting.

BTW, I thought you were referring to the current Woot-off, which had me up til 3 a.m. ("just one more item, then I'll go to bed" in case it was a BoC)

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck at 4 balls for the moment
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
oops - there goes my bank-holiday...
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
im stuck at mission to mars!! [Wall Bash]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
yay, i got it [Big Grin]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck on "Up the Hump."

Edit: Nevermind, I built a tank that rolled over it pretty well. Now on to Mission to Mars.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck on big ball. I thought I had it for a moment!

Edit: I got it.

[ July 30, 2008, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Youth ap Orem ]

Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck on the tube, I can't get it to stop at the bottom
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

How'd you do Bigg Ball? I'm stuck there myself. I tried to create like a plow to scoop the ball up, but I can't lift it. Do you go over the top of the ball and move it out of the way?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CaySedai:
I'm stuck trying to cross a gap and just falling in. This is wicked fun and totally time-wasting.

BTW, I thought you were referring to the current Woot-off, which had me up til 3 a.m. ("just one more item, then I'll go to bed" in case it was a BoC)

Same here, and the BoC still hasn't come.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe...
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Haha. That's pretty similar to the one I made to get past that one. I wish you could do a timed release to slingshot throw it.
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else beating EVERY mission with a tank? You'd think I could come up with some other way.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
Originally posted by rollainm:
Hehe...

You know that you can attach links directly to each other without any circles, right?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sucked in now...
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I've seen some pretty insane designs on that website for various things. People are freakishly good at designing some of those things. I saw one for Mission to mars that made a catapault that launched the little ball onto the opposite circle and got it to sit there by attaching wings to it.

I'm still stuck on Big Ball.

Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
This took FOREVER.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkKnight:
I'm stuck at 4 balls for the moment

Rimshot!
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
That last one, as well as the catapult one Lyrhawn mentioned, has me speechless.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
memeyou
Member # 11696

- posted      Profile for memeyou           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get past the 4 balls stage : /

--foodbared

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I can get three of them in there, but the last one just stays on the little hill.

Edit: Huzzah! I finally tweaked it right. The design wasn't the hard part on that one, it was getting all the little wheels in just the right position to keep those little suckers moving.

[ July 31, 2008, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Member # 11614

You're all making me feel stupid
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

Got two sticks to launch it up the tube.
Member # 11614

Hee hee hee break down the unpossible wall
MEC
Member # 2968

This was my solution to Tube, there seem to be a lot of interesting variations made by other people.
MEC
Member # 2968

My Big Ball solution

I probably should have named it harpoon, but whatever.

MEC
Member # 2968

hehehe, I found a glitch that lets me solve any I want to.

Here's an example:

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=162947

Edit to add: Except for back and forth and four balls.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I love my solution to Four Balls. It's so big and ugly and awesome.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=163145

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my design for Back and Forth. It's not a tank!

And here is my non-destructive plan for breaching the wall.

[ July 31, 2008, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Funny ]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Working on these from home now, so I have to get back to where I was. Check out my over the hump. I had a bunch of good solutions, but I wanted to do a big square tank and get it over the hump. I love the way this thing looks when it moves:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=166826

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am stuck on four balls. I was stuck on Big Ball, but I figured it out today. I just needed to tweak where the struts were placed.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Looking at your solutions to four balls I was on the right track, but just hadn't tweaked it right. [Smile]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Done and done. Here is my unpossible design.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I can get three of them in there, but the last one just stays on the little hill.

Edit: Huzzah! I finally tweaked it right. The design wasn't the hard part on that one, it was getting all the little wheels in just the right position to keep those little suckers moving.

Heh. That's pretty good. Too bad I didn't save mine. It was a crazy mess. I had a conveyor belt thing going on the bottom and then this walking contraption that would clamber over the balls and knock them in the right direction.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
quote:
Hehe...

You know that you can attach links directly to each other without any circles, right?
Yeah, but I didn't figure that out until after that level.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever you do, don't start looking in the simplest solutions and overly complex solutions threads in the site forum. You may never emerge.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

Are you more bored than you've ever been? Want something to do? Watch this.

(I'm serious, this is boring stuff, so be warned. No refunds for time wasted.)

Kwea
Member # 2199

Here is my solution to another one of these. [Smile]
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:

I love how it doesn't even make it.
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody get down under yet? It's killing me!
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

Oh, but it does. That's the beauty of it. Perhaps you were not bored enough to wait it through.

The only one of the first 20 I can't get is Tube.

MEC
Member # 2968

No it doesn't, I watched it three times, after making it about 2/3 the way up it just sort of half falls over and moves back down and falls of the cliff near the starting area.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
Anybody get down under yet? It's killing me!

My solution

I had to rebuild it since I hadn't saved it when I did do it, but this still works.

[ August 01, 2008, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: MEC ]

rollainm
Member # 8318

MEC, apparently it doesn't work the same way for everyone. But I promise, it worked for me. It was horrible, though. I'll try to come up with a more effective solution tonight if I have time.
MEC
Member # 2968

Ok, I believe you, I've now heard that results will very if a certain bottom limit is passed with the length of a rod.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

quote:

That's funny, it looks at lot like mine, only mine is much more dramatic:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=176068

MEC
Member # 2968

My finished unpossible design
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Nice, way to use the collision detection issues of the water rods to your ends. That same bug makes my saved Handling puzzle not work, which is weird since it worked the one time and never again.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.