FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Netflix "outage"

Author Topic: Netflix "outage"
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
CNN story

I mailed 2 DVDs on Monday, and noticed Tuesday afternoon that none had been shipped in their place. I was away from my computers all day yesterday, but last night I saw the notice on the Netflix site. As far as I can tell, none of my discs have shipped yet. I just mailed another back today. They're saying we'll get a "credit" but they're being pretty tight lipped about what the problem is. Fortunately, their watch instantly function is operating.

Anyone else missing their DVDs?

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I switched back to Blockbuster about six months ago. I got three movies today.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they still haven't "recieved" a movie I sent back a few weeks ago.

They say one is supposed to ship by tomorrow but I am not too hopeful.

I haven't had major problems with them before this so I will chalk it up as a one-time thing if it doesn't happen again.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I switched to one at a time and got 2 discs.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
Stuff happens. You can't expect everything to work perfectly all the time. Netflix has been great so far, so I see know reason to freak out or start blaming them.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

Oh, I've been more than happy with Netflix. I've been a 4 at a time customer for over 4 years and have very few glitches in that time. I do tend to complain loudly when it happens, since Neflix is my only entertainment source (no cable or rabbit ears or any other TV input).

I'm just hoping they get it fixed before the weekend. It's a state holiday tomorrow, so the libraries will be closed all weekend here. My life is pretty pathetic lately and I have no plans for the long weekend. [/poor me whining]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I should have gotten a DVD today...but it hasn't shipped yet. [Frown]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been re-watching Season 1 of the new Dr. Who, since they have that on Watch Instantly. It's keeping me pretty happy. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I mailed back a DVD (Rent) last week and got the new one (Left Luggage) two days later.

They probably just hate you.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

The problem didn't start until this week, Tante. I have enough insecurities. If the folks at Netflix want to hate me, they can just get in line with everyone else.
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Returned one on Tuesday, they mailed a new one on Wednesday that came today (Thursday).

... and looking at our queue right now, instead of showing 3 movies (we've got the 3-at-a-time plan), they're showing 4 out -- 1 of them one that another that just got returned, and 1 at the top of the queue that says "processing." So maybe that's their fix for now -- they can't check stuff back in, but they'll check stuff out in the meanwhile anyway?

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by maui babe:
The problem didn't start until this week, Tante. I have enough insecurities.

Well, maybe they don't hate you after all. They probably just love me best.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
They've started emailing customers that fall under the settlement agreement. My upgrade month is scheduled to start in 2 weeks. Coincidence?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

They've credited the two discs I mailed on Monday, but the next two on my queue are "processing" (whatever the heck that means)...

As long as they're mailed tomorrow, I'll have them on Saturday, but if they don't go out tomorrow, I won't get them until Tuesday, which will be whole week of credit that they owe me. <how's that for a run on sentence????>

the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sort of relieved that this is happening to everyone else as well. I thought I was being throttled again.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
We have two that we've had for about 2 weeks now. I keep forgetting to mail them back.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
There was an article today on Slashdot about their internal inventory management software having major problems.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The message now says that the delayed shipments are being sent today, but the one that was "processing" is back on my queue and expected to ship Monday. What is that about?
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/14/229223
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

I have the same message kq. And the two discs that were said to be "processing" have disappeared from my queue and another disc is now in the "processing" slot. Weird.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, I'm about ready to start complaining. Just 'cause I haven't complained yet doesn't mean you can ignore me, Netflix!
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
One really interesting thing about all this is that Def Con was held over the weekend in Vegas. Then, in about the time it takes to write a hack, Netflix goes down.

Hmmmm...

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

Yay! my discs are here. My queue doesn't say they were sent, but the two that were "processing" yesterday are here today.

<does happy dance>

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.