FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Funny bumper sticker

Author Topic: Funny bumper sticker
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I usually don't like bumper stickers, however I saw one today while driving that made me burst open in loud laughter. It read "I know your kid is an honor student, but your still an idiot." I have no idea if it was supposed to be ironic or not, or even if the driver knew, but it's funny in either situation.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he might just agree with George Carlin's expressed views on the merit of bumper stickers proclaiming the scholastic exploits of the car-owner's children.
Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm not sure you see what I see, read the quote carefully for any grammar issues...
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that error was the point of the bumper sticker.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
my favorite bumper sticker has a picture with a bear holding a gun and it says i reserve the right to arm bears.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not really that funny, but I always liked the one that says "This IS my other car."
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Ms.C has a car and she has a bumper sticker that says "I'm a Honor student"
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I used to own a 1974 Ford Pinto, and it had a bumper sticker that said, "This car explodes on impact."

I miss Emma. [Cry]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a car that summed up California in a hand full of catch phrases.

The car was decorated with a variety of animal rights, environmental, anti war and obama stickers. The last one, of course, was "Nudity is not a crime."

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

Oh, OK, I don't know who George Carlin is so I didn't know how to interpret your post.
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw one the other day, "If you're going to ride my _ _ _, at least pull my hair" (fill in the blank)
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have a bumper sticker that said "To Hell with how they do it in California."

Reflects the Oregonian experience, I think.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
The only bumper sticker on my car:

TOOL

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite bumper sticker was a red sign that says "If this sign appears blue, you are driving too fast."

My second favorite was "What would Scooby Doo?"

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

Oh, OK, I don't know who George Carlin is so I didn't know how to interpret your post.
My post had nothing to do with Carlin.

I assumed that the typo in the bumper sticker was pseudo-ironic, with the person supposedly mocking honor students and their parents not spelling properly.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MEC:
Oh, OK, I don't know who George Carlin is

Really? That's interesting. Here's the wikipedia article on him.

In terms of bumper stickers, I think my favorite is probably one that a friend of mine used to have that said "I don't love you anymore since you ate my dog."

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I really want a bumper sticker that says something like "My car is crappier than yours, so get the heck off my tail." Or "My car is worth less than yours, tailgate at your own risk." Or "This vehicle makes frequent stops into tailgaters."
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
"Feeling lucky tailgater? My car is cheaper and I have more insurance."

"My other car is a Tardis"

"When you mix church and state someone always ends up burning at the stake."

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
"Go Nuke a Gay Whale for Christ"
Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom had a bumper sticker that said:

"Get Stoned, Drink Wet Cement"

my brother didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did [Big Grin] Thankfully he's moved past that point in his life.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually saw the following today....
"If you tailgate me, I'll Avada Cadavera you."

Next to it was a "I enlisted in Dumbledore's Army" bumper sticker.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"If you tailgate me, I'll Avada Cadavera you."
Really? They misspelled it?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You know those little "family" stickers that have a stick figure for each member of the family?

I saw one with a stick figure holding a gun and a pile of dead stick figure people (xes for eyes) at his feet.

I liked that one.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked this one:

"I aspire to the lifestyle my wife and children live."

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
I had one that I used when I was a Bandsman in the Air Force, that said "Flying Saucers are real, The Air Force dosen't exist!" After a week or so, the AP at the gate made me take it off.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have two bumper stickers on my car, one that said "C code. C code run. Run, code, run! (Please?)" and one that said "Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Society." I think the two of those taken together were very "me."

And Nick, I love that one! [Big Grin]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"C code. C code run. Run, code, run! (Please?)"
I use to have the variation "C code. C code run. Run, damn it, RUN!" That and my "Will Work for Bandwidth" license plate holder.

I have a co-worker who has a sticker that says "My other car is on blocks in my lawn."

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a cop car with a license plate holder that said "Be grateful I'm in front of you."
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
"Be grateful I'm in front of you."

That would be an unnecessary bumper sticker, in my opinion. No one would need to be told to do that.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a bumper sticker that says "Republicans for Voldemort."

I get a LOT of comments on that one. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
*shudders

Please Raia: Republicans for "He who must not be bumper stickered".

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend printed bumperstickers that go "If Star Wars was crack, i would be a crackhead!"

Then to the right of it "Then again, if crack were crack i would still be a crackhead..."

Alot of people didn't think it was quite as funny as him and I.

Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roseauthor
Member # 148

- posted      Profile for Roseauthor   Email Roseauthor         Edit/Delete Post 
Best computer stickers:

There's no place like 127.0.0.0

Unix my car-I tar your car.

DIE n00b!

edited because I forgot one.

[ August 29, 2008, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Roseauthor ]

Posts: 163 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
I have a bumper sticker that says "Republicans for Voldemort."

I get a LOT of comments on that one. [Smile]

Oh! I get it! It's because USUALLY it's democrats for You-Know-Who. That's why you have to specify you're a republican. Sorta like Jews for Jesus, huh?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Or... because Voldemort is the bad guy?

Although, many Republicans do come up to me to ask what kind of a platform this Voldemort has, as they haven't heard of him and would love to support the new candidate. [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Being the bad guy is not an exclusive republican trait. Both parties can DIAF as far as I care.

I really doubt, unless they're the whacko religious type, that anyone doesn't know who Voldemort is.

A better, more obscure bumpersticker might be "Democrats for Stillson" That would have the additional advantage of actually being a (fictional) politician.

Raia
Member # 4700

Ok, I don't want to get into a political debate. I was just mentioning the bumper sticker I thought was funny.

And seriously, some people had no idea. You'd be surprised what kind of people live out here in the boonies.

Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Fixed it for ya.
Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

"Republicans for Voldemort"
"Democrats for Delores Umbridge"
"Rita Skeeter writes for the New York Times"
"Rita Skeeter--Fox's Number 1 Political Correspondent"

C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
Or... because Voldemort is the bad guy?

Although, many Republicans do come up to me to ask what kind of a platform this Voldemort has, as they haven't heard of him and would love to support the new candidate. [Razz]

Voldemort is the only hope of killing Harry Potter, that Satan-worshipping witch that's poisoning the minds of our children and sending millions to Hell.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.