FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Superpowers in the shower

Author Topic: Superpowers in the shower
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid, I used to hold my arm out in the shower so that water ran down and off my fingers. I'd pretend that I could shoot water, sort of like a superpower.

The other day, my 8 year old daughter mentioned to me that she does that. I never knew that anyone did that other than me, but it made me wonder. Are we the only two people ever to think of that, or is it common?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I did that as a kid, too, Lisa. I also climbed the end of my bunk beds and pretended to be someone saving the girl from the top of the tower.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I did that too, but I called it force lightening.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Most folks' superpower is singing in the shower.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Force lightning. Cool! I never had a name for it.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually could shoot water, in the shower or otherwise.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Not only do I think this is common (I did the water from the fingertips thing, too) I think there's even been a thread here about it before. For a minute, I thought this was a bump of that old thread.

I remember because I have this mental list I make of things people do without ever having talked to each other about it.

Not suprisingly, most of the things on the list involve the shower, bath, or bathroom, since it's a place we go alone and don't usually talk about once we come out.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! You did that?! Did you give yourself a bubble beard too, or am I the only person who ever did that ever? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

OK, I used to frequently imagine lasers coming out of the tips of my toes and fingers, all at the same time, and concentrate on pointing them in directions that avoided most casualties (unless someone had it coming). This was a boredom game mostly reserved for church and school.

Am I the only one?

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
Whoa! You did that?! Did you give yourself a bubble beard too, or am I the only person who ever did that ever? [Roll Eyes]

Uh... I never did that.
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I did the bubble beard too. I also took my shaving gel(I had to shave from a young age as a competitive swimmer) and made a big circle on the wall, and drew things in it. I was a kooky kid.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to wrap my towel around my head and pretend that my hair was that exact shade of blue. I felt that it flattered me a lot better than my real hair color.
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Marge? Is that you?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I did the water from the fingertips thing, too. I was Super Water Girl, and was able to put out dangerous fires and save people with my Super Water Power.

Also, I had Super Singing Ability in the shower.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
to rivka: [Blushing]
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been known to do that (finger-water-thing) as well. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
What I would do is get my hands wet and then flick them at a hot pan. It was a very satisfying power, to see myself making steam appear out of nowhere with the mere flick of my wrist.
Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

I cook bacon near the shower too.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I can hear the kids song now...

"In the shower, I am a super hero
In the shower, watch my fingernails grow
In the shower, I make the water flow,
Out of my fingers to quench the villains below."

"In the shower, I can sing any song
In the shower, the words never sound wrong
In the shower, I hold the note so long
That the sound wraps around to where it does belong."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I still do that. I like to aim it at my husband. Tee hee.

Aragorn, try tossing a bit of cinnamon onto hot burners. You can make sparkles! Of course then we'd have to call you Jubilee, but it might be worth it.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
"In the shower, I should be feared
In the shower, I grow my sudsy beard
In the shower, This mustache so weird
Made of soap it should slip but instead it adhered"

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I never thought about having a superpower in the shower. Generally speaking, superheroes display their superpowers when they're in uniform. When I took a shower, I usually had to take my superhero uniform off. In fact, from time to time, I would be completely naked in the shower. No joke. So I usually saw the water as my enemy, and I took on roles of people that did the same. I took turns melting, wicked witch style, and clawing my shower curtain like a cat.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
The shower head is set to pulse. Cue Superman pose as the water "bullets" bounce of my chest. "Is that all you got?"
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim
Member # 2334

- posted      Profile for Slim   Email Slim         Edit/Delete Post 
I never did that.

But it's funny you should mention this. I discovered yesterday that I can travel through time in the shower. I noticed it was about 6:00 am when I got in, and when I came out, it was 6:20 am. I think the knobs in the shower can be used to make myself travel farther into the future or perhaps into the past. I will have to do some tests. Time will tell.

Posts: 172 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't the shower, per se, but I saw a woman wearing a t-shirt today that said "I make milk, what's your superpower?"
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
I did that too, I would also wear slightly damp gloves during the winter clench my fists and steam would come out. I was the human torch! [Razz]
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.