FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Author Topic: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
YOU CANNOT RESIST CAPTAIN SULU!!!!

Seriously!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38591.html

Everyone of my circle of friends was like "eeeeh, not sure if I'll get it, maybe later" ...*sees Sulu as Emperor of Japan*... omg omg omg omg its sulu omg omg omg *pre orders C&C:RA3* omg omg omg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
George Takei and Tim Curry?... That's some high quality cheese.

In other news, apparently time distortion has bleached Tanya's hair...

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

[Smile]

I'll buy it, but phooey on their DRM ideas. I foresee a cracked version circulating amongst my friends, as we enjoy installing and playing the game as much as we darn well please. (We all buy copies anyway.)

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
i think this game looks like fun. i like RTS games and need a break from SupCom and DoW.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
If I do buy it (the only game I currently don't own is Kanes Wrath) I will pay for a real copy, and then download a cracked copy. I'm not dealing with their stupid DRM.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

quote:
Originally posted by adfectio:
If I do buy it (the only game I currently don't own is Kanes Wrath)

[Eek!]

That's a lot of games!

[Wink]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
That's only the Command and Conquer series. [Wink]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

just saw this remix video and laughed. enjoy it.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/718380/command--conquer-red-alert-3/videos/redalertremix_092308.html

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

Heh. Samurai with lightsabers.
Tstorm
Member # 1871

Hey, yeah, I saw that too! Could be interesting...
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You forgot Jenny McCarthy...

Hey, the original video was great. The remix ROCKS!

An interesting cast, I must admit. Hot women don't hurt, either. Not to mention I have this thing for Kelly Hu... [Smile]

"Cowboy style!"

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

yeah the DRM is teh suck, but i still think this game looks good. im willing to dish out and give it a shot. the third factions is a cool addition as well. im so used to Dawn of War and SupCom that a new one will be a good change of pace. i never really played any of the C&C games much. last one was in the 90's i think.
Sterling
Member # 8096

quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
quote:
You forgot Jenny McCarthy...
I said cheese, not cheesecake.

<shrug> We'll see if she can pull it off. I wouldn't have objected to them bringing Kari Wuhrer back. As I said, time distortion seems to have bleached Tanya's hair.

krynn
Member # 524

ok, so its been a while. anyone ever get this game? im still considering going to get it tomorrow or friday. so if anyone has it and would like to maybe play online sometime, holla back!
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also seriously considering getting it for my Mac. I loved the CnC series more than any other RTS.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

I have this game and I have played it a bit. My impression is from single-player skirmish games against the AI. I'll do some multiplayer this weekend with one of my buddies.

The pace is pretty normal for a C&C game, but it can go fast sometimes. The pace is better than Generals, but I don't have a basis for comparison with Tiberium Wars (since I never played that game.)

My only beef so far has been with units. Most of the units have two functions and I had a devil of a time figuring them out. This also introduces a level of micromanagement that's sometimes annoying. Perhaps this issue isn't quite as important when playing against humans, but playing against the computer, this is magnified. The AI can switch units from one ability to another much more quickly than a human can, and thus, it can capitalize on the benefits of this micromanagement easier. There's actually a stat on the game results screen that bears this out. Speaking of bears, the Soviet War Bear...oh well. [Smile]

Spockodile
Member # 11860

- posted      Profile for Spockodile           Edit/Delete Post 
to those that have it and have extensive C&C experience: Is it worth $50 for having it immediately, or should I go ahead and wait until the price sinks to $30 or so?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.