FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I have to give up Hatrack for awhile

Author Topic: I have to give up Hatrack for awhile
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I just have too much going on and I need to do without the distraction of Hatrack. I'm going to take it off my tab so as to not be tempted.

I know a lot of people get fed up with Hatrack and write an "I'm leaving for good" post. I'm not leaving for good, just awhile.

There is a lot going on in my life right now, I am finishing up with one task at NASA (ends Nov. 30) and really putting in hours to do that, I have started back to school (I'm taking seven hours), I am coaching the FIRST Lego League (FLL)team again, I am organizing the first ever FLL tournament in Oklahoma, I am teaching the youth on Wednesday nights, and my daughters have started dance two nights a week.

I will come back and post an update on the Breast Cancer thread. My MIL goes in next Thursday, and I'll probably be back around Christmas.

Stay Classy San Diego.

Jack

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...my post disappeared. In any case, sounds like you're making a wise choice to cut back here; I've done the same thing now and then. See you in a few months.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Those "life" things appear to be contagious. [Wink]

Enjoy yours, and we'll see you when you get back. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still not back.
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
Is thisw just your way of descretly telling us your going to the Moon?
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll miss you! Stay well and remember to come back!

E-mail me if you'll be in town or anything, we'd love to see you again. We'll find another cultural icon to meet at. [Big Grin]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, and I hope it all works out in your favor.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, see you when you return. [Smile]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. I will be back. It's just that everything is so busy right now.

KQ, I will definately let you know if I am going to be in town again. You do the same if you are going to come and see Boon.

Xann, Unfortunately, with the current cost per pound ($1000) to launch, I will not be going anywhere until I lose some weight. [Smile]

I'll post an update with pictures of the Lego Tournament when it is over. I'll be able to take a little breather then.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Achilles:
I'm still not back.

Me neither.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
Originally posted by Achilles:
I'm still not back.

Me neither.
We should form a club.
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I left hatrack years ago.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

You should try Entropical Isle. I think you might like posting there.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I like your style.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

Hey, all the best people post there.
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not back either...
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on all the exciting things happening in your life, brojack17. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am finishing up with one task at NASA (ends Nov. 30)
Dream job #2123152.

Goodbye and good luck.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.