FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I popped something.

Author Topic: I popped something.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been searching online for a little while tonight, trying to find out what I may have popped.

While planting some fall pots this evening, I was tugging on a very mature ivy, trying to get it out to replant it and something in my lower left, front side popped. I didn't hear it, but felt it. My husband heard it. He said, did you hear that pop?

It didn't hurt at all. It just popped.

I have had a few issues with Ovarian Cysts, but I've never felt one pop. Everything that I find on Ovarian Cysts popping, say that its extremely painful. I've had no pain, at least not today. Could it be anything else?

Verrrrry odd!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it was gas?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you'd hear an ovarian cyst pop. I had one burst once and ended up in the ER from the pain-- and heard nothing.

It could have been your hip or a ligament in your lower back adjusting, both of those happen to me fairly frequently and can result in audible pops.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
I read your title as something much different.
It's probably nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Very odd, if it was gas. [Smile] You know, I didn't even think of that.

No, it wasn't my hip, could have been a ligament. I felt it in the front, near my ovary. kq did you have to go to the ER immediately, or a little later?

Now what in the world did you read into that title? [Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
I read your title as something much different.
It's probably nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.

[ROFL]
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Elmer's... I read it at first as "I pooped something", is that what you meant? My first response was "Well, good for you. I did too, do you want to compare?"

Seriously though, I had trouble with my lowest rips "popping" out of place. It feels very funny, not pain always, but just "funny" It also makes a weird sound at times. Just a suggestion...

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a ligament or something near the center of my chest that occasionally pops in such a way as to make a deep percussive sound that is more felt than heard, but people have always been surprised when it happens. I can feel when it is about to happen, and sometimes I can predict it. It doesn't hurt, but I do get sore on the right side of my chest occasionally, and don't know why.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DDDaysh:
I read it at first as "I pooped something"... It feels very funny... It also makes a weird sound at times.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, it wasn't my hip, could have been a ligament. I felt it in the front, near my ovary. kq did you have to go to the ER immediately, or a little later?

I feel ligaments popping in my back in the front quite frequently, especially when it happens while moving around.

I had to go to the ER pretty quickly after it happened; the pain persisted at a severe level for hours and did not respond to OTC painkillers.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DDDaysh:
Elmer's... I read it at first as "I pooped something"

Oh, the dobie potential.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

You're right. It's too powerful. We have to destroy it.
Tammy
Member # 4119

It was way to low to be back or ribs. I slept through the night just fine, so *shrugs*.

I'll talk about my popping, but not my pooping.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, most of the time when stuff pops, you don't feel it long.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I sound like a popcorn machine when I do deep knee bends or pushups. Sometimes I worry it signals some anatomic configuration that's going to give me trouble at some point in the future, but so far my pops are painless.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a lot of experience with ovarian cysts and based on my totally unqualified medical opinion - that's not what it was. At least, it doesn't sound like it to me.

If you're not experiencing any discomfort and you feel fine, I wouldn't worry.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Okay, thanks to the medical advice of Hatrack, I'm feeling much less concerned.

Um, Belle, could you send me an e-mail? So that I can send you one in return? [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.