FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Holy! Carp! Red Vs Blue is even more awesome!

Author Topic: Holy! Carp! Red Vs Blue is even more awesome!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/archive/episode.php?id=359

You know, RvB was awesome, and you know what they did? Made it more awesome! I must say that I highly rate RvB's story as being absolutely peerless.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtownaga
Member # 7187

- posted      Profile for xtownaga   Email xtownaga         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.

This episode knocked the whole series up by about two notches. And this is coming form someone who owns all 5 seasons of the original series on DVD.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
If you guy's haven't seen it, Rooster Teeth made an animated episode of RVB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAJ_q5ZM6Y

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Is there a high quality video out there? This one is hard to see.
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched this Monday's episode and just stared at the computer screen for a few minutes after the credits had completely ended. And then I took a walk and imagined the scene playing over and over again, and then I came home and watched the ending again.

I'm pretty sure the original Red vs Blue was mostly made up as they went along, which makes their current work all the more impressive. Somehow, every ridiculous thing that happened in the original series has an actual explanation that not only makes sense but is really, REALLY cool.

SPOILERS (seriously, if you have even a passing interest of Red vs Blue, go watch everything right now. Or at least watch Season One and Two and then watch Reconstruction from the beginning. I think Season 2 will have given you everything you need to know. Anyways do NOT spoil yourself of this. It'll ruin everything.

-

-

-

--

-

What does this say about Tex, who also had a ghostform? Earlier in the season I might have chalked it up to "oh, they forgot about her." But earlier in the season I thought they'd forget about Church being a ghost as well because it was too silly and Reconstruction seemed so serious. Now that my mind has been properly blown, I assume they have an explanation for everything.

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Again, major spoilers...

-

-

-

-

-

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:

What does this say about Tex, who also had a ghostform? Earlier in the season I might have chalked it up to "oh, they forgot about her." But earlier in the season I thought they'd forget about Church being a ghost as well because it was too silly and Reconstruction seemed so serious. Now that my mind has been properly blown, I assume they have an explanation for everything.

Presumably that means she is another AI, so there's a good chance she was captured by the meta when he got gamma and omega.

Edited to add:

There's also a decent chance the she is the meta in the first place. The series seemed to say that it was agent Maine, but that could be incorrect.

We know that the most defining feature of the meta is that it has many different AI. It could well be that the meta was created somehow when the ship crashed with two AIs trapped in the same body.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...

Can all AIs jump from body to body? It would be particularly appropriate if Omega is the only other AI that could do that to begin with, creating a nice mirror with Alpha. I already saw the Meta as a Sylar-like character, with the way it captured new people with abilities and added them to itself. Tex vs Church would make an interesting final battle that's (vaguely) reminiscent of Sylar vs Peter. (Okay, Church is really nothing like Peter, but for some reason the comparison jumped out at me).

I also like how this explains that, apart from being cranky all the time, Church is largely devoid of personality.

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
Does RvB have a good archives secton yet? Or is there another way of watching them all that isn't buying them? Because i couldn't stand not being able to watch them straight through.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

There's no official way to watch them all immediately without paying. However, for $10 you can become a Sponsor for 6 months, which means you a) get all the videos at a higher quality and b) get to see new videos sooner. (And c - other random stuff you probably don't care about).

So that's like renting 5 movies for 10 dollars, and you get to keep the movies for 6 montsh, which isn't bad.

That's your only *legal* option. I'm a sure a resourceful internet connosiour (sp?) can find other methods, although I honestly think the 10 bucks would be worth it.

ricree101
Member # 7749

A decent number were on youtube last I checked. Not sure what the current selection looks like.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

You know, RedvsBlue Reconstruction is like Heroes done right [Big Grin]
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Yup. Although truth be told, Heroes Season 1 was like Heroes done right too. And we don't know yet whether Reconstruction will have a good ending.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

The meta is soooooo like Sylar, except crazier [Smile]
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:

That's your only *legal* option. I'm a sure a resourceful internet connosiour (sp?) can find other methods, although I honestly think the 10 bucks would be worth it.

I have been trying to become more of a legal and resourceful internet cnnosiour. I have met way too many people lately with no idea of when they are crossing the line.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:
Does RvB have a good archives secton yet? Or is there another way of watching them all that isn't buying them? Because i couldn't stand not being able to watch them straight through.

http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/archive/

That enough?

I don't know anything about Halo, so all this is somewhat confusing. But it does have some amusing aspects, I must admit.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

For the most part aside from maybe 2 references to the Master Chief you need nothing to know about Halo. In Reconstruction there's a but more references, probly given the go-ahead by Bungie to have some more stuff in.
ricree101
Member # 7749

Of course we get a PSA this week....

Actually, it isn't that surprising since they don't have many episodes left and probably want to take their time while still technically sticking to schedule, but it is a disappointment.

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I think they've alternated between PSA/other-random-thing and actual episode fairly regularly. (Then again, I can't actually think of that many PSAs, but I remember it happening enough that I had accepted it as their schedule)
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
Of course we get a PSA this week....

Actually, it isn't that surprising since they don't have many episodes left and probably want to take their time while still technically sticking to schedule, but it is a disappointment.

Huh? Aren't they doing at least 100 episodes?
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Where did they ever say that? I'm expecting this to be a standard one-season movie. I can't imagine them stretching it out any longer than that.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I'ld figure since its RedvsBlue 2 it'ld be 100 episodes, also this is somewhat their main source of income along with the animated series. I don't expect them to "end" this franchise any time soon.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never actually watched more than 2 episodes of RvsB... where can I watch the series online for free?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I advise you to read all whopping 21 of the previous posts to find the answer to that.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

I don't get it... is Wash hoping that Church will believe that he's an AI just enough to stick around, but not enough to go somewhere else so that when the EMP goes off it doesn't wipe him out too?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Yes, I'm wondering about that to, wouldn't the 'imp' get him to?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Oh my god.

A fantastic end to a fantastic series.

I want more [Frown] At least there's the animated series coming out.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
I've never actually watched more than 2 episodes of RvsB... where can I watch the series online for free?

I've only seen the first season, but it's pretty hilarious. It's worth watching.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

SPOILER POST

quote:
At least there's the animated series coming out.
Animated what-now? Where was this stated, and when is it happening?

I want more too... but honestly, the main character is kinda.. dead. For real this time. (I always considered Church the main character. He definitely was in Reconstruction, or at least tied with Wash).

What does seem weird is that Wash is (I assume) played by the same voice-actor as Church, whereas the Director is not. I'd think it be more appropriate if the Director and Church were at least played by the same guy.

I'm kinda confused as to whether Tex was officially part of the Meta and ergo also dead. (It seemed implied that Tex was originally Dr. Church's wife, who he turned into an AI as well. But I'm not sure how an AI could be given another AI...)

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Didn't the meta have several ai's in its head?

Rooster Teeth announced a new animated (as in cartoon) series at PAX 08'

Church's fate has been left unconfirmed as if you look carefully you notice Caboose has Epsilon next to what it appears to be a body and saying "I hope this works" signifying that he is trying to use Epsilon to restore Church or some version of him.

ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

Church's fate has been left unconfirmed as if you look carefully you notice Caboose has Epsilon next to what it appears to be a body and saying "I hope this works" signifying that he is trying to use Epsilon to restore Church or some version of him.

As far as I can tell, that was Tex's body.

From what the Director said at the end, I'm guessing that Washington was able to convince Church to come back by convincing him that he would somehow be able to save Tex.

I'm basing this off the Director's comment at the end where he said that due to the events of the past few weeks, he was confident that he would have sacrificed himself to save her if he was given the chance. From this, it seems that he somehow learned everything that happened there, probably from Wash. Between his comment and the shot of Caboose over what appears to be Tex's body, it seems to me that Church decided to sacrifice himself for a chance to save Tex.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Possible but unlikely, Epsilon would only have memories OF Tex not Tex herself, remember that she's ALSO an AI and that we do not know what happened to her after the crash.

What I want to see if using Epsilon to restore church and then they at some point get Tex back. Luckily there is heavy implications that there is INDEED a new series under the works, as in one episode you had Grif talking with Tucker about something he found.

Also recall that there is an animated series that IS in the works that had Church, Grif and Simmons going to rescue Tex, whether this is something like Out of Mind where its tangental to Blood Gulch Chronicals or post Reconstruction isn't showed but I have my hopes.

Church is kickass.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.