FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Moving today, so bye bye internet....

Author Topic: Moving today, so bye bye internet....
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I will probably be off for a few days if past moves are any guide. I am suppose to have a cable internet connection waiting for me, but things always seem to get a little bit messed up when moving.

I will see you guys in a couple of days (at the longest).

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no! How will we survive for two days without you? [Razz] [Wink]

No, seriously, good luck with the move, I hope none of your stuff gets broken or lost and you're back soon with minimal frustration!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
Noted.
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, good luck with the move. hope everything goes smoothly. see you in a couple of days.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, we are back, but it has been a pain in the butt. I don't like Cox, at least not the goobers who work in the Ocala office. I don't think i is too much to ask that teh people there know their jobs and how to do them, but apparently it is too much. Far too much.

First I asked about my package...non-digital cable and the 1.5 mb interent connection (value) for $49.99. I was told that It didn't exist, and then I was basically called a liar for insisting it was a package they offered. I called in after leaving the office in twon, and the girl on the phone found the package within 10 min, and confirmed it.

Then I tried to hook up my cable modem, which I had not used in two years, and found out that it was dead. I called and was told I could pick one up at cost at the office in town for $39.99. I went there and stood in line for half an hour, only to be told that they did not...and never had...offered such a price. I was told in no uncertain terms, that I was trying to "get over".

I called, pissed off, and found out that due to my apartment complex I could get it for $29.99. I went back, and after half an hour of grumping and waiting for my account to be updated, it got my modem.

Oh well, at least I am back. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
this just further proves that no move ever goes smoothly. ever.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair, dealing with Internet Service Providers is absolute Hell whether you're moving or standing perfectly still [Wink] Glad you're back though!
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE COX.

I'm glad we don't have to deal with them anymore...

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Sure....rub it in...
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea!

Long time no see!

Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.