FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Historical figure poster

Author Topic: Historical figure poster
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I realize that this may not be the best forum for this, but its worth a try. I'm scratching my head at the four people on top of the wall on the right side of this poster. Any ideas?

http://www.zonaeuropa.com/200810b.brief.htm#021

[ October 20, 2008, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Mucus ]

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /20081018_02.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Weird, maybe there is some form of hotlinking restriction? But the odd thing is it works on my computer.

Perhaps
http://www.zonaeuropa.com/200810b.brief.htm#021
might work better?

___

Edit to add: I just tested by clearing the cache, its definitely some form of hot-link protection, so I'll update the top link too.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
After you get the error, just click in the URL entry area and hit enter.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The second link works. The guy in the laurel wreath must be one of the Caesars, from the looks and the nose on him... Maybe Julius?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

I don't know, maybe.

See, the rest of the poster doesn't seem to really have thematic areas or anything. But I can usually get at least between ~80% of the figures. But I don't know any of the four figures up there. I was wondering if they were grouped as a theme, either commenters, journalists, media?

But if its Caesar, not so much.

Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Pliny the Younger or Plutarch?

That would definitely fit in with the commentators theory.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
The one with the pointy beard looks like Lenin.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah. That artist is terrible. Luckily, the costumes are iconic.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.