FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chinese Democracy is coming out this century!

Author Topic: Chinese Democracy is coming out this century!
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
It's official! The new album is set to be released on November 23 after almost two decades in the making. Anyone else a fan of Guns'n'Roses?
Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Dr. Pepper owes me a free drink.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gecko:
Anyone else a fan of Guns'n'Roses?

Yep. Not so big a fan of Axl Rose, though.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Axl Rose is a mucilaginous wart on the taint of humanity.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gecko:
Anyone else a fan of Guns'n'Roses?

No. Frankly they are overrated. I fear that they like, The Eagles, ACDC, and Stephen King, have the fame that their new album will be a success regardless of its quality.
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I'm familiar with the critical consensus on the quality of G&R music, so I wouldn't know if they are overrated. But they've put out some very entertaining, well crafted rock and roll, in my opinion. I like listening to them as long as I don't have to look at them.

But the new single "Chinese Democracy" is disappointing. It's OK...I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with it. But after all this waiting, to have the first release be a song that can't stand up to "Mr. Brownstone" or "Welcome to the Jungle" is a letdown. It's pretty forgettable.

Maybe there's more better stuff yet to be released...

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
Maybe there's more better stuff yet to be released...

Actually, the song "Better" from the new album is fantastic!
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The track Shackler's Revenge is in Rock Band 2. It's okay. A bit NINy, but NIN is better.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard a couple songs on the radio. For an album they have been hyping for years, it falls way short of the mark.
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
"Free Dr. Pepper" plan does not go well

quote:
Remember how Dr. Pepper said they'd give everyone a free can of the goodness if Guns N'Roses released their forthcoming album 'Chinese Democracy' (which was nearly two decades in them making) in 2008? Yeah, well, that's not going so well.

Yesterday the record was released, and people started flooding Dr. Pepper's Web site (drpepper dot com slash freedrpepper), and it's basically crashed, completely.

When we attempted to reach the site, we got a 'Service Unavailable' error. Hey Code and Theory, how about a blast server? Oh well. The soda maker released a statement earlier today saying that due to massive Web issues, it would honor the free DP offer through 6 p.m. today. This could get messy.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.